What Do You Do During Draft Day? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Do You Do During Draft Day?

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
What do you guys like to do during the draft to take your mind of when your team isn't picking? It's a ten hour first day and I watch it all (well not looking at the screen for ten hours). Poker anyone?

Drink alot of Beer, and eat alot of food that will surely kill me in the long run...basically engage in self-destructive behavior.

Somebody recommended a draft drinking game. I liked that idea. Pick wrong and you drink five, Pick right and assign ten. I think we're getting a keg at our house, so I may not have to worry about passing time much after the first round :happydrin

Jaj said:
What do you guys like to do during the draft to take your mind of when your team isn't picking? It's a ten hour first day and I watch it all (well not looking at the screen for ten hours). Poker anyone?

Cant play Poker. My girlfriend is going away for the weekend. :shakeno:

Does anyone else think espn coverage is bad ? They spend little
time on the actual pick and plenty of time on stupid stuff and comercials.

Section126 said:
Drink alot of Beer, and eat alot of food that will surely kill me in the long run...basically engage in self-destructive behavior.

Beer is a normal day for me. I save plenty of Armagnac for the draft (The draft is that important to me, and it ends up costly).

Sgt.FinFan said:
Does anyone else think espn coverage is bad ? They spend little
time on the actual pick and plenty of time on stupid stuff and comercials.

Well it is a marathon broadcast. Not much to talk about after a while between picks. I think they do a VERY good job IMO.

I take the 23rd off about a mth in advance from work. I call the tv for the whole day and I get chips and cashews and alot of soda, and take close note while having about 3 diff. draft boards on/near me. Matter of fact, Im making two now..lol I get pumped! I love this stuff.

I get pissed cause Miami has done some s-h-i-t-t-y choices! haha BUT NOT THIS YEAR!

.......plus here we only get to see Round 1......I gotta look on the net for the rest.

Minnphin said:
Somebody recommended a draft drinking game. I liked that idea. Pick wrong and you drink five, Pick right and assign ten. I think we're getting a keg at our house, so I may not have to worry about passing time much after the first round :happydrin

My three football buds have done that with me before. Unfortunately I got my *** kicked, but have better alcohol tolerance than them so it ended up a draw :lol:

Minnphin said:

Man, a keg? I can never find anyone other than myself who is actually inerested in really watching more than maybe a half hour of draft coverage. I guess if I did a BBQ thing everyone would come over and drink, then check out the TV during the 15 minutes we're on the clock.

The reason I never do that is because I love to watch (and listen, which is tough with a houseful of friends partying) the whole thing. My plan on Saturday is to get up early, hit the gym for a couple hours, come home make a sh*t load of food (chili, high protein pasta etc.), and proceed to eat and drink myself silly all day. After the draft I'll go meet up with friends and continue the drinking until I pass out. If Wanny were here I'd be drinking my sorrow's away. Now that Saban's here I'm hoping to drink in celebration!!

Dubfire said:
Well it is a marathon broadcast. Not much to talk about after a while between picks. I think they do a VERY good job IMO.

I agree they actually do a pretty good job. I just really hope this year they spend the downtime analyzing and discussing the pro's/con's of different prospects rather than doing BS segments where everyone talks about how great New England is (and how Belichik is the greatest thing to happen to football).

Back
Top Bottom