What Do You Do During Draft Day?

Jaj

What you say?
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
13,149
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
LA
What do you guys like to do during the draft to take your mind of when your team isn't picking? It's a ten hour first day and I watch it all (well not looking at the screen for ten hours). Poker anyone?
 

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Dec 2, 2003
Messages
15,930
Reaction score
114
Age
46
Location
Miami, Florida
Drink alot of Beer, and eat alot of food that will surely kill me in the long run...basically engage in self-destructive behavior.
 

Minnphin

I need a Mojito
Joined
Sep 16, 2002
Messages
991
Reaction score
1
Location
Sioux Falls, SD
Somebody recommended a draft drinking game. I liked that idea. Pick wrong and you drink five, Pick right and assign ten. I think we're getting a keg at our house, so I may not have to worry about passing time much after the first round :happydrin
 

Dubfire

Deep Dish Fan
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
4,609
Reaction score
0
Location
West Palm Beach
Jaj said:
What do you guys like to do during the draft to take your mind of when your team isn't picking? It's a ten hour first day and I watch it all (well not looking at the screen for ten hours). Poker anyone?

Cant play Poker. My girlfriend is going away for the weekend. :shakeno:
 

Sgt.FinFan

Starter
Joined
Mar 19, 2002
Messages
479
Reaction score
5
Does anyone else think espn coverage is bad ? They spend little
time on the actual pick and plenty of time on stupid stuff and comercials.
 

Jaj

What you say?
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
13,149
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
LA
Section126 said:
Drink alot of Beer, and eat alot of food that will surely kill me in the long run...basically engage in self-destructive behavior.
Beer is a normal day for me. I save plenty of Armagnac for the draft (The draft is that important to me, and it ends up costly).
 

Dubfire

Deep Dish Fan
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
4,609
Reaction score
0
Location
West Palm Beach
Sgt.FinFan said:
Does anyone else think espn coverage is bad ? They spend little
time on the actual pick and plenty of time on stupid stuff and comercials.

Well it is a marathon broadcast. Not much to talk about after a while between picks. I think they do a VERY good job IMO.
 

FuturePhin

Pro Bowler
Joined
Sep 24, 2003
Messages
2,318
Reaction score
18
I take the 23rd off about a mth in advance from work. I call the tv for the whole day and I get chips and cashews and alot of soda, and take close note while having about 3 diff. draft boards on/near me. Matter of fact, Im making two now..lol I get pumped! I love this stuff.
 

Phin_Phan

Active Roster
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
726
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Location
Windsor, Ontario
I get pissed cause Miami has done some s-h-i-t-t-y choices! haha BUT NOT THIS YEAR!

.......plus here we only get to see Round 1......I gotta look on the net for the rest.
 

Jaj

What you say?
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
13,149
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
LA
Minnphin said:
Somebody recommended a draft drinking game. I liked that idea. Pick wrong and you drink five, Pick right and assign ten. I think we're getting a keg at our house, so I may not have to worry about passing time much after the first round :happydrin
My three football buds have done that with me before. Unfortunately I got my *** kicked, but have better alcohol tolerance than them so it ended up a draw :lol:
 

caneaddict

Pro Bowler
Joined
Jan 4, 2005
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
0
Minnphin said:
Somebody recommended a draft drinking game. I liked that idea. Pick wrong and you drink five, Pick right and assign ten. I think we're getting a keg at our house, so I may not have to worry about passing time much after the first round :happydrin
Man, a keg? I can never find anyone other than myself who is actually inerested in really watching more than maybe a half hour of draft coverage. I guess if I did a BBQ thing everyone would come over and drink, then check out the TV during the 15 minutes we're on the clock.

The reason I never do that is because I love to watch (and listen, which is tough with a houseful of friends partying) the whole thing. My plan on Saturday is to get up early, hit the gym for a couple hours, come home make a sh*t load of food (chili, high protein pasta etc.), and proceed to eat and drink myself silly all day. After the draft I'll go meet up with friends and continue the drinking until I pass out. If Wanny were here I'd be drinking my sorrow's away. Now that Saban's here I'm hoping to drink in celebration!!
 

caneaddict

Pro Bowler
Joined
Jan 4, 2005
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
0
Dubfire said:
Well it is a marathon broadcast. Not much to talk about after a while between picks. I think they do a VERY good job IMO.
I agree they actually do a pretty good job. I just really hope this year they spend the downtime analyzing and discussing the pro's/con's of different prospects rather than doing BS segments where everyone talks about how great New England is (and how Belichik is the greatest thing to happen to football).
 
Top Bottom