What do you guys think of this mock draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you guys think of this mock draft?

Jonathan Michael Zadora

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score

I love the 3 first round picks we use here in this mock draft, these are the players i have wanted all along, however i am fine with skipping out on tua for bpa and i would change the picks from round 2-3

What do you guys think of this?

Absolutely HATE this draft...

Why are we bad. Our O line is the worst in the league and our pass rush is the worst in the league... so what does this draft do?

Ignore both problems and draft a fantasy league.

Just a HORRIBLE draft.

Not what Im hoping for...don't trust Tua's durability for a high 1st and definitely don't want a WR and RB in the 1st round. I like Creed at the top of the 2nd...

Tua alone is a great draft

I don't mind the other two picks. Given the depth of elite talent at wide receiver it's wise to choose among it.

Jonathan Taylor reminds me quite a bit of Arian Foster, albeit shorter and more burst/less glide.

I guess second round is okay for offensive linemen. I'm not a believer in spending high at that position. The one disappointing aspect of the 2019 draft was that they settled for a plugger like Deiter instead of a more athletic more intriguing guy, even if he was a considerable project. Isaiah Prince wasn't exactly an inspired pick either. Maybe the Dolphins can draft someone who can draft offensive linemen. That 16 year old draft expert who didn't like Dion Jordan should be about finished with college now. What the heck happened to him? Spend a late one to find out.

Actually the disappointing aspect was Wilkins above Dexter Lawrence. That is simply not aiming high enough. I don't follow personnel as closely these days but I still like my chances at defensive tackle. Last I checked, PFF had Lawrence almost 20 points above Wilkins.

This mock has the Dolphins picking Alton Robinson in the third. Now that guy looks like a player. His frame reminds me of DeMarcus Ware. I'm not sure Robinson drops to the third. He was very highly recruited including offers from Saban and Harbaugh. Then off the field issues at Texas A&M, primarily related to stealing purses from his girlfriend. Multiple incidents with the same girl. Apparently he was fortunate that she refused to cooperate when charges were pending.

We'll have to see how this regime views someone like that, especially given the Mark Walton example. With Robinson it got so bad that even Oklahoma State wouldn't accept him as transfer.

He looks explosive to me, moreso than Chase Young. I'll be interested to see how they fare in the twitch scores. With Young nobody questions timing the snap count, or the finish. It's those steps around the corner that often look very ordinary. Not exactly Cameron Wake in steps 2, 3 and 4. Robinson doesn't play as confidently or with as much polish or athletic arrogance as Young but his tools appear superior in some areas.

Last edited:
We can fix the o-line and the D-line in free agency with established players. So this draft is fine
Good luck with that approach. None of the Tackles slated for free agency are well regarded or highly rated.
This year's crop is expected to be quite poor... and considering how much money James got from Denver...

Ahem... very expensive mediocrity is headed our way under your scenario.

Btw... just to refresh your memory, James got 51 million over 4 years.

Absolutely HATE this draft...

Why are we bad. Our O line is the worst in the league and our pass rush is the worst in the league... so what does this draft do?

Ignore both problems and draft a fantasy league.

Just a HORRIBLE draft.

I love this draft because it means OL and DE were addressed in free agency and BTW you’re still getting the best center in the draft and a massive RT.

The draft is fine outside of the RB in round 1...just poor value to draft an RB that early when the drop to the guys taken day 2 is relatively small. I think taking one of the edge players still available at the spot (Lewis, Gross-Matoes, Chassion), DB (Henderson, Adobo) or Dylan Moses is a better value.

Tua at 4 is great, I like the WR pick, he is a dynamic player that has a skill set that could make him one of the most dynamic players on the Dolphins. As I am now taking a defender that spot in round 1, I would look at Akers at the top of round 3 as an RB. The kid is one of the best RBs at pass pro, former 5 stars (I think number 4 or 5 player in the country coming out of high school). He was hurt by one of the shittiest o-lines in the country at FSU and pretty poor coaching overall.

Other than Taylor in the first round(whom I actually like) not a bad draft. Not enough info on Tua at this moment but if he checks out then great pick there. Shenault is my favorite WR and Humphrey's my favorite center. I'd go different direction instead of RB there but would like Harris or Swift in the 2nd if they're there. Of course I'm hoping we get two starting oline guys in free agency and instead of RB in the first I'd go Edge.

I love this draft because it means OL and DE were addressed in free agency and BTW you’re still getting the best center in the draft and a massive RT.

Have you looked at the list of 2020 free agent linemen?

I urge you to do this. There is exactly one decent Tackle on the list... and he is already 32 years old.

If... and that is an If... he is allowed to actually get to FA, he'll get 12-15 million per year.
Are you ready to give 55 to 60 million dollars to an aging Tackle who isnt as good as Tunsil?

I get it that some of you guys are just dying to draft the so-called 'skill positions', but that would mean signing some extremely expensive mediocre linemen.

If this is honestly something you are comfortable with... okay, but I think it would be foolhardy at best.

Hate the Taylor pick, and I strongly dislike the Shenault pick. The 2nd is a better RD to target WR's, and Shenault has a good chance to bust or get off to a slow start.

The Tua pick is great, and I like the focus on offense early, but the picks are bad

Have you looked at the list of 2020 free agent linemen?

I urge you to do this. There is exactly one decent Tackle on the list... and he is already 32 years old.

If... and that is an If... he is allowed to actually get to FA, he'll get 12-15 million per year.
Are you ready to give 55 to 60 million dollars to an aging Tackle who isnt as good as Tunsil?

I get it that some of you guys are just dying to draft the so-called 'skill positions', but that would mean signing some extremely expensive mediocre linemen.

If this is honestly something you are comfortable with... okay, but I think it would be foolhardy at best.
I agree that getting good OT's in free agency is really hard. Easier to get a guard or a center in free agency and then draft your OT's. On that mock drafting an OT in the first round instead of a RB would make more sense.

I agree that getting good OT's in free agency is really hard. Easier to get a guard or a center in free agency and then draft your OT's. On that mock drafting an OT in the first round instead of a RB would make more sense.

Very much agree...
I think we'll consider taking a RB at 1c, but I certainly wouldn't do it til we've drafted a Tackle before that... and that said... taking our new starting RB in round 2... or even 3 might be possible.
There are quite a few backs in the upcoming draft who have very similar game.

We might fall in love with a particular back... and reach a bit, and I mock for that sometimes just to see what it does to the board, though I hope we don't.

Back
Top Bottom