What do you guys think..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you guys think.....

hunter5nc1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
the Bengals are going to end up doing with there QB problem they have the #1 pick on the bench> Does anyone know how much longer Kitnas contract is? And besides myself would anyone like Kitna inn a dolphins uniform?:eek: :eek:

The only thing I can say about that is, it would still be a question mark at QB.......I can't see how Kitna could be considered a lock to improve our QB position.

Originally posted by inFINSible
The only thing I can say about that is, it would still be a question mark at QB.......I can't see how Kitna could be considered a lock to improve our QB position.

Kitna has a Dilfer or Shaun King kinda smell to him IMO.
He is looking good as a result of a very good and strict Offensive system that was put in place by a good coach.

Could be wrong but I would'nt want to bet the Fins future on it.

I'd bring in Kitna, but not for a sizeable contract and would never just hand him the job.

He is having a fantastic season at QB for the Bungles so yes, I definately would welcome that kind of play from the QB position.

One question remains tho, can he keep it up? J=He played himself into a big contract with the 'Hawks a few years ago and messed it up, did he learn from that is the question?

Jon Kitna would have one bad game and would end up getting the Jay Fiedler treatment from far too many Dolphins fans.

Oh, wait...that's gonna happen to any Dolphin QB. :rolleyes:

I disagree Jimmy James.

The main points of people hating Fiedler date back to the unceremoneus departure of the great 13, followed by the fact that Huard wasn't given a fair shot at being the new number one when 13 retired.

people resented him right off the bat, but it isn't Fiedler that they hated, they would have hated ANY QB in that situation, with the exception of a Favre type figure walking into the dressing room.

Fiedler has handled this situation with class for years and should be appreciated just for that. He is not the best QB and "may" need to be upgraded, but nobody can argue the man's character.

The new QB coming in will be a few seasons removed from 13's shadow, so in all likelyhood there won't be half as much pressure on him as there IS on Fiedler. Having said that, EVERY QB in the NFL is under more pressure than any other player on their teams, and they all get booed when the play horribly, it just comes with the territory of being an NFL QB.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
I'd bring in Kitna, but not for a sizeable contract.....

That criteria would almost garauntee that he wouldn't be here....Based on this year alone somebdy is gonna pony up big for him.

Okay....I know it's not just me so I'm doing a public service here...

It's G-A-U-R-A-N-T-E-E.......I looked it up :D

I knew there was an A and a U in there somewhere.....
:lol:

Bodzilla:

I agree. The next guy will never have it as bad as Jay had it. With that said, there will still be far too many people who will call for that guy's head when he has one bad game. Part of it is that some Dolphin fans will never get Dan out of their head. Part of it is that all of us are so eager to win the Super Bowl that anything less than great is disappointing. Part of it is that every QB gets booed when he plays poorly. None of that makes it any less stupid that it will happen...

You should have said that twice Jimmy James....good post.

I completely agree ith your second post Jimmy J, as it it very similar to my own. It is part of life in the NFL these days, McNabb was almost run out of Philly after 3 weeks!!!(maybe using Philly fans in any analogy is a bad idea!! ha)

Just shows you how the NFL is a WIN NOW, hate you if we lose, kind of league.

Very pathetic, if you ask me. I'm sure most of you didn't! haha

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
guarantee

JHC!!! I hate that word......I can't even get it right when I'm trying to get it right.....:o

If he couldn't get it done with the Bengal's old crappy coach, why would he be good in Miami?

Originally posted by Jimmy James
Bodzilla:

I agree. The next guy will never have it as bad as Jay had it. With that said, there will still be far too many people who will call for that guy's head when he has one bad game. Part of it is that some Dolphin fans will never get Dan out of their head. Part of it is that all of us are so eager to win the Super Bowl that anything less than great is disappointing. Part of it is that every QB gets booed when he plays poorly. None of that makes it any less stupid that it will happen...

Look JJ you have made it plain as day as to where you stand on the Jay Fiedler deal. I know most of the unyeilding Fiedler Supporters have the opinion no one likes Jay becuase he isn't Dan Marino but that is just not the case. This argument is a shortsided copout used because you just don't want to believe that MAYBE to a degree some of us are right.

I've taken my disliking to Jay based on Jay's play ALONE and no ghosts from the past. I believe that his play has always been mediocre and that he is VERY inconsistent. Any QB that comes in here and plays just decent enough on a week to week basis to make defenses respect the pass and not only focus on our running game will be an improvement. Jay has NEVER garnered that type of respect from a defense. That alone to me speaks volumes about his abilities. Say what you want but if another QB comes in here and steps up play at the QB position while showing CONSISTENCY I will be a fan even though he's not Dan Marino. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom