What do you think about Carey to RG? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you think about Carey to RG?

JAGFISH

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I've read in the paper Wanny said he's considering moving Carey to RG. Does that mean Whitley and Jerman are not starting caliber? Or is St.Claire that good at RT? I for one am concerned about our o-line more than RB or WR. Writers have been stating they can't pass block very well yet, that to me means Fiedler at QB. Thoughts?

I don't like it. Carey is a much better tackle than he is a guard.

St. Clair isn't a great pass blocker, but at RT, he doesn't much have to be. Case in point: the Lions played Stockar McDougle at RT last year, who's a road grader in the running game, but is terrible in the passing game. The Lions gave up just 11 sacks all year. Unless you're blessed with a pair of awesome DEs (like say, Taylor and Ogunleye), there aren't many pass rushers at that LDE spot.

And I agree with you that the OL is what's important, more so than the glamour boy skill positions. I was hoping that Carey would be advanced enough at this point that he'd be at RT, and they'd be talking about St.Clair inside or as a 6th lineman. No such luck. However, if Carey goes inside, and Damion McIntosh can step in at RT for the second half of the season, that should make for a good line.

Carey might just be one of the five best guys on the o-line. St.Claire seems to have RT locked down, so maybe they just want to get the next best player on the field. They said they drafted him to play tackle, but if Jerman and Whitley are liablities I guess I'm okay w/ the move. One question Jerman was our Back-up LT too last year, how scary is it that he's not good enough to pass protect at guard? Yikes.....

i say it doesnt matter what we do anymore, if we dont start making some moves in the F/O and bring some talent in here , its just going to be a extended 4 month training camp. But that would do this o-line some good.

I think we now gave up a 1st round pick to draft a Guard....which is not good........

Section126 said:
I think we now gave up a 1st round pick to draft a Guard....which is not good........
I think his versitility of playing guard and tackle is worth that 1st round pick. He's not just a guard, he may end up playing guard because of our situation this year, but that doesn't mean we gave up a first rounder for just a guard.

Section126 said:

That is after all the adamant talk that he was a TACKLE, when he was drafted. I just don't have a clue what this line is going to be like. I can't wait to see them in the pre-season. They better leave the starters in there for 3 quaters every game or they are not going to get comfortable.

i´m ok with it, we need some beef in our interior, if it works out so lets move him

JAGFISH said:
I've read in the paper Wanny said he's considering moving Carey to RG. Does that mean Whitley and Jerman are not starting caliber? Or is St.Claire that good at RT? I for one am concerned about our o-line more than RB or WR. Writers have been stating they can't pass block very well yet, that to me means Fiedler at QB. Thoughts?
It says that Jerman and Whitley stink. But that's ok. Kendall was on the market who could have done that job easily and we could keep Carey at RT. But we offered an insulting 1-year deal when all the guy wanted was a 2-year deal.

MikeO said:
It says that Jerman and Whitley stink. But that's ok. Kendall was on the market who could have done that job easily and we could keep Carey at RT. But we offered an insulting 1-year deal when all the guy wanted was a 2-year deal.

Kendall would have given us more flexability at center too. Could have move Mckinney to RG like last year. The right side of our line has a whole lot to prove.

Kendall is also a very weak run blocker, and he obviously doesn't want to work hard since he is the one that cried to the NFLPA that Dennis Green was being too tough on the players.

But yeah. Let's cry over not getting the big name, even though he's barely average as a player.

Back
Top Bottom