What do you think about Quincy Wilson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you think about Quincy Wilson

Phins34

Favorite Player: Sammy Smith
Reaction score
What do you guys think about Quincy Wilson. I think we should let Minor go, save the money and draft Wilson as a backup to Ricky. He would be younger and cheaper. I'm not sure what he is projected to be drafted in but im sure it will be somewhere like maybe 4th or 5th, which seems like a pretty good deal to me. I think he wil be a pretty solid back, and definitely a good compliment to Ricky, becasue we cant keep giving ricky this many carries. It's not like our 4th and 5th round picks are going to have much of an impact at all. They are lucky to make the team. I say it's worth the risk

i've always liked minor personally, and id like the experience to go with the special teams play...if we really needed to save money then sure find a late round replacement, but i dont think well be that desperate

I like Minor too but i hear he wants to be a #1 back. He may then push for $$ similar to that. If so then I would not be adverse to the original post. Knowing nothing about the proposed pick but conceptually not a bad idea. I also like Henry who ran exceptionally well in last years pre season. 6+ yards per.

I would not get rid of Minor when he would go in for Williams alot of times he would get more yards per attempt this year or it seemed like it.

What college did Quincy Wilson come from?

Minor is a restricted free agent. Do you know what we are tendering him with? A third round selection maybe. The problem with letting him go is that we will then have another hole to fill. As it stands now, we need to address QB, WR, OL, S , DE, P and LB (assuming Ogun leaves). With a pick in the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 2-7th, with a 1st and 3rd possible if Ogun leaves, that leaves us with a possible 8 picks. We already have 8 needs (assuming we need 2 OLs). What position would suggest we ignore if you want to pick a RB in the 4th round? Of course, if we tender Minor with a 3rd rounder, that would give us the additional pick we would need. Would you take a 3rd rounder for Minor? I personally would not.

Yea, they've said Minor will get a lot more carries this year. It was so obvious Ricky was ran into the ground by our wonderful coach. Ricky was a trooper and did the task. However, get him a better OL, a good #2 WR to keep the LBs back and safties off the line AND keep him fresh with Minor getting more carries and watch out 2000 yards.

Back
Top Bottom