What do you think about this...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you think about this......

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
The Dolphins liked what they saw in a workout by former Patriots RB Robert Edwards, but they weren’t impressed enough to sign him yet. Edwards could be in the team’s future if he remains on the open market.

Also,I heard Cincinnati wanting to talk to us about a trade for Surtain ---for their 1st Rd. 10th pick overall.......What are your thoughts?

I dont think Wansted would trade Surtain (one of our best players)And i wouldnt want him to!!!!:yell: :fire: :yell: :fire:

not sure why we would not sign Edwards

I have been thinking about trading Sam or Pat since we seem to need to get better as a team overall more than we need to have the #1 pass D. What good is the #1 pass D, if we cannot stop the run or run the ball. The big question is - what will the #10 pick translate to and can we re-sign Cousins so that we have 2 decent CB (fletch and cousins) and 1 pro bowler and then go out and get another decent CB like we did w/Cousins

Lot to think about....

Where did you hear about the Cincy deal for Surtain? Is there any validity to this? This would be a great place to look at a DT if Gardner isn't progressing well, or if he is William Green would make my mouth water.

sounds like a strange rumor since the draft is soo far away and we would want to see where we are at w/ FA's before sacrificing one of our best players, but if we can get bigger up front by trading Pat and replace him with someone adequate to back up Cousins and Fletch, I would risk it.

Surtain

Personally, I would do this trade...
for a few reasons.

A) I think they could still be good at cornerback with Madison, Cousins, and Fletcher
B) Having the 10th and 23rd pick could really give you some flexibility. You good take two shots at need areas, or you could try and package up for McKinnie, which if there is any shot at, I think Miami should try.

Re: Surtain

Originally posted by RHoffman
Personally, I would do this trade...
for a few reasons.

A) I think they could still be good at cornerback with Madison, Cousins, and Fletcher
B) Having the 10th and 23rd pick could really give you some flexibility. You good take two shots at need areas, or you could try and package up for McKinnie, which if there is any shot at, I think Miami should try.

It sounds like a good trade for both us and Cincy. And I have heard the Texans might want to trade DOWN!:)

I just want to say I was all about trading Surtain a month ago and you all almost kicked me out of here(I am dramatic). Then after he blew it in the playoff game against a mediocre WR everyone is on board. My whole point long ago and remains now is a talented pass rusher/run stopper or a big o-lineman is more important than having a good over paid #2cb.

Originally posted by Dajesus
I just want to say I was all about trading Surtain a month ago and you all almost kicked me out of here(I am dramatic). Then after he blew it in the playoff game against a mediocre WR everyone is on board. My whole point long ago and remains now is a talented pass rusher/run stopper or a big o-lineman is more important than having a good over paid #2cb.

I remember that, but you said that your draft dream was to trade him for a second rounder. I would deal him for the tenth pick in the draft, but certainly not a second rounder.

I stated thats what I would rate him as, everyone said 1st round so I then stated as high as we could get, but we need to trade him.

Keep Surtain

I would keep Surtain. The Dolphins need to keep their strengths (Pass D) while building both the Offensive and Defensive lines. Also, I am not convinced Fletcher is ready to start.

The Dolphins need to sign some bigger name free agents than they have previously and cut some big name under-producers (ie. Bowens).

We could tell them to keep the first, and just send Dillon instead.Maybe give them some mid-round draft pick as well.

Re: Keep Surtain

Originally posted by bachbill
I would keep Surtain. The Dolphins need to keep their strengths (Pass D) while building both the Offensive and Defensive lines. Also, I am not convinced Fletcher is ready to start.

The Dolphins need to sign some bigger name free agents than they have previously and cut some big name under-producers (ie. Bowens).

Unfortuneitly w/the salary cap you can't just cut people to clear $ because you still take a hit from their bonuses, but if you trade it clears most of their salary. If we want to improve other postions you have to lose a little, but a guy like Surtain you could gain 2 FAs from his salary+draft pick.

Originally posted by WCoastFin
The Dolphins liked what they saw in a workout by former Patriots RB Robert Edwards, but they weren’t impressed enough to sign him yet. Edwards could be in the team’s future if he remains on the open market.

Also,I heard Cincinnati wanting to talk to us about a trade for Surtain ---for their 1st Rd. 10th pick overall.......What are your thoughts?

I dont think Wansted would trade Surtain (one of our best players)And i wouldnt want him to!!!!:yell: :fire: :yell: :fire:

Robert Edwards- Sure go for it if you can get him for a price around the league minimum. He had a great rookie season, but its hard to tell whether or not he has fully recooperated from his knee injury. I heard he looked half decent during training camp but if he was back to 100 percent you think a team like Baltimore, Atlanta or Jacksonville would have made a run for him after losing their RBs to injury.

The rumored proposal from Cincinnatti- Hard to tell. Surtain and Madison are one of the top CB combos in the NFL. However the Dolphins do seem to have an abundance of people who could fill Surtain's shoes.. I would consider it only if they had a player fall to the 10 spot that they couldn't pass up, By then most of those type will be long gone.. Id stick with 23 and draft an O Lineman.

Man, I would take that trade seven days a week! Surtain's a great corner but the #10 pick could get you an amazing player.

I can't see Cincy doing this as they'd have the pick of the draft crop- maybe even Quentin Jammer.

You guys could pick up Haynesworth, Wendell Bryant, Mike Williams or a bunch of other DL or OL players and still get Mike Rumph or similar with your 2nd 1st rounder!

If they offer it then I'd take the trade before they came to their senses!

Back
Top Bottom