What do you think of Mangini as Jets HC? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you think of Mangini as Jets HC?

How successful will Mangini be?

• He will be great (back in the playoffs soon)

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • He will be average (consistantly around 8-8)

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • He will struggle and will be fired in 3 years

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

FinNasty

"The Sticker Dunk"
Reaction score
What do you guys think of Mangini as the Jets Head Coach? Do you guys think he will be a success? Be an average (8-8) coach? or be fired within 2-3 years?

No way of knowing. I guess we all can assess the positives and negatives, but from the typical fan perspective, we really don't know much about him.

Agua said:
No way of knowing. I guess we all can assess the positives and negatives, but from the typical fan perspective, we really don't know much about him.

well ya... no one can predict the future...

I am just curious what everyones opinion is...

well my opinion is that he won't do a terrible job, but not an outstanding job either. he definately has his work cut out for him.

2006 will be no better than 8-8, at least from my view. The defense is there to win and contend, no projected starter on the defense is older than 29, they get a major boost back in Eric Barton, will have Ellis healthy, and better hope for a breakout year from Robertson, interesting to see what he will do with Abraham. But the offense is in complete shambles except for Laveranues Coles. The Oline, RB, QB, #2 WR all are question marks.

Let Mangini make the necessary moves to be a playoff contender in 07 and 08...

Sounds like he is still wet behind the ears at 35...but I wish him and the Jets well.

NOT!!!!!!!!

Unless bradway drafts the guys mangini wants they will never break 8-8. If he does then i see a possible contender....

2006: 9-7 (possible wildcard, but probably not)
2007: 11-5 (wins AFC East)
2008: 12-4 - Super Bowl WINNER - NEW YORK JETS!

(a man can dream)

BZ

If Mangini gets final say on all personel decisions, he will be consistantly average for several years, and may blossom at around the third or fourth year. But as long as Bradway calls the shots in NY, which it looks like he will continue to do, Mangini will never achieve greatness IMO.

BwanaZulia said:
2006: 9-7 (possible wildcard, but probably not)
2007: 11-5 (wins AFC East)
2008: 12-4 - Super Bowl WINNER - NEW YORK JETS!

(a man can dream)

BZ

yo... wake up! your alarm is going off! :lol:

I think hes a little too unexpierienced, if only buffalo had a hc that was once under belichick

MKeveny said:
I think hes a little too unexpierienced, if only buffalo had a hc that was once under belichick

Bates is available...or they could try for Kirk Ferentz next year. LOL...

Hate to say it, but some very good coaches were first appointed HC in their mid 30s. It's a gamble for the jets, but Magnini gives them far more upside for potentially being great and building a dominant franschise for the next 20 years than anybody else they could have appointed. For the phinfans lets hope he's a Shula (David) not a Shula (Don).

I obviously have no way of knowing what Mangini will bring to the table. But the fact that he is so well thought of by Belichick, Saban, and Crennel is definitely a plus. I think he has a plan, and knows what he wants for this team. I expect 6-8 wins this year, then maybe a wild card caliber team in 2007, and then we can be in the title hunt by 2008.

Back
Top Bottom