What do YOU want us to do in the first round? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do YOU want us to do in the first round?

What's your move?

• Draft Tannehill

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Draft Floyd

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Trade down (for who?)

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Trade up (for who?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

13Dolfan87

Scout Team
Reaction score
What would you do at #8 if Luck, RG3, Kalil, Richardson, Blackmon, Claiborne and Ingram are gone by then?

EDIT: Meant to include an "other" option for guys like Coples, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ingram won't be gone.

If Miami is considering Tannehill at 8, I'd like for them to make him the pick. I really like Michael Floyd, but he can't be the reason you don't take Tannehill in that spot. You either think Tannehill has franchise QB potential or you don't, and if you do, you take him at 8 . . . if you don't, you don't reach for him for the sake of taking a QB.

At this point, I'd like for them to stay put and take the highest rated player on their board. Tannehill, Floyd, Kuechly, Coples . . . I dunno, just pull the trigger and don't try to get cute.

Try to get further back in the first round and take Weeden. I , honestly, flip back and forth between Tannehill and Weeden. I think Weeden would be able to come in and take the starting position during the first season at some point, where as i think Tannehill should sit for a minimum of one year.
Find a suitor further back in round 1 and don't try to take rake them over the coals. Take a decent offer of a pick or two this draft maybe 2nd/4th and let them come up for whom ever they are after. I like Weeden, age be damned.

Trade back to the middle of the first and pick up another two, draft Mercilous to get to the QB, and then fill in WR (x2), CB, and OL with your 2 twos and 2 threes. One of those 4 picks could be a QB if they right guy is there when you pick though I'm not convinced anybody not named Luck or Griffin are the right guy to lead your franchise.

Ingram won't be gone.

If Miami is considering Tannehill at 8, I'd like for them to make him the pick. I really like Michael Floyd, but he can't be the reason you don't take Tannehill in that spot. You either think Tannehill has franchise QB potential or you don't, and if you do, you take him at 8 . . . if you don't, you don't reach for him for the sake of taking a QB.

At this point, I'd like for them to stay put and take the highest rated player on their board. Tannehill, Floyd, Kuechly, Coples . . . I dunno, just pull the trigger and don't try to get cute.
lets be specific here...miami fans who are DESPERATE and listening to media hype want tannehill at 8...Ireland doesnt know who to pick a skill player in the 1st round...Im with him on this one though...Tannehill IS WAY OVER HYPED and overvalued right now by the media and fans...Name a big game he won in college...

I want a WR but I know Ireland is picking coples...

Would like to trade down,because I know we want a pass rusher that can't be picked at #8,but my choice is Luke Keuchly. Low bust factor,plus impactful player.I would buy that jersey because I know he will be here for a long time. Nasty lb core with Dansby,Burnett and Luke,find another pass rusher and I would put that front 7 against anyone in the league

Would like to trade down,because I know we want a pass rusher that can't be picked at #8,but my choice is Luke Keuchly. Low bust factor,plus impactful player.I would buy that jersey because I know he will be here for a long time. Nasty lb core with Dansby,Burnett and Luke,find another pass rusher and I would put that front 7 against anyone in the league

I wouldn't be shocked with Keuchly for the exact resons you mention. Of all the players likely to be there at 8 LK has the highest probablility of being a Pro Bowler year in and year out. It's a low risk pick which fits Irelands MO, and he would start form day 1.

I would be happy with kuechly at 8. If we can trade back for a second, I'd go passrush if Kuechly is off the bored.

I would draft Kuechly at 8 if he is available. If he isn't, try and trade back.

I don't want Coples at all and I'm not sure Tannehill is the answer at 8.

i like boston mlb kuechly but frankly not as much as willis or paul poz coming out. kuechly wouldn't break my heart or make me cry like a little girl as when i heard ted gingers name called over my boys.

Trade back. If Tannehill's still there at#? then OK, otherwise find a way to get Hill, Weeden(sans R. Tannehill), and Fleener. Then get LaMicheal James in the 3rd. Offense rebuilt. D/OL after that. A+++.

RW

Back
Top Bottom