What does that mean | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What does that mean

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
"If the Dolphins are going to employ a new, wide-open offense under coordinator Scott Linehan, McMichael hasn't seen it yet. "It's basically pretty much the same thing we've been running here," he said."

This is a quote from McMike..Does that mean nothing has changed offensively.

I need your opinion....

BenchFiedler said:
"If the Dolphins are going to employ a new, wide-open offense under coordinator Scott Linehan, McMichael hasn't seen it yet. "It's basically pretty much the same thing we've been running here," he said."

I need your opinion....

I wouldn't read too much into it. This was a minicamp where they are just beginning to learn the new offense. Frerotte has been in the system and knows what to expect, so I take his comments more to heart. Besides, if they threw downfield twice a game on average, that would still be more than Wanny let happen. The offense can only improve, and I expect it to.

What got me worried is that you hear all the defensive players praising the new system and acknowledging that it is different and more efficient, at the same time McMike saying that nothing has changed even though it is mini-camp.

For mcmicheal, it may not be all that different. remember, we threw to him a lot. As far as TE goes, are offense is pretty open, letting randy run all sorts of routes at any point on the field. But it'll be more open for receivers.

He is not going to tip the Phins hand. It is easier to say nothing has changed so he isnt blamed for letting the cat out of the bag. Saban has probably made all the players take a blood oath of secrecy.....

BenchFiedler said:

I need your opinion....

It was only the 1st little minicamp..Just to get the rookies in for some work and get the vets in there and warm em up...see what they can do. I doubt that they were running many plays from Linehan's new system. The man gets his team in the top 3 offenses in the league every time. I doubt his system is "pretty much the same thing"..Besides, where'd they get this quote anyway?? I haven't seen any new articles from last week to this week. I don't even think McMike said this.:shakeno:

BenchFiedler said:

I need your opinion....

patience, grasshopper. the norv turner/ dave wannstedt/ chris foerster hybrid highschool offense is DEAD.

thecoordinator said:
patience, grasshopper. the norv turner/ dave wannstedt/ chris foerster hybrid highschool offense is DEAD.

Priceless, hybrid highschool offense.. They may have installed a Fielder option offense this year had they stayed..

I wouldn't worry about it one bit. The defense is going through MAJOR changes. Look at the playbook Seau was referring to. All the players are saying how different the defense is and how many different looks it can have. They needed to hit the ground running to get a grip on it by training camp. The offense may be much better but not as complicated as the defense, so they probably haven't gone to in depth with it yet. After hearing Konrad's comments on the offense last season, anything would be a big improvement. I think Linehan will do a fine job as OC.

Back
Top Bottom