What gives here??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What gives here???

Beckyj4

Practice Squad
Reaction score
All hype aside, just what was it JF did?

First pass goes 31 yards.
RW runs 5 yards
JF passes for 3
RW for 1
JF pass for 8
JF 3 Incompletes in a row
Wash. Penalty to 1 yd line
RW 3 att. TD when he throws himself over the top

Next Drive:
JF Incomplete
RW 17 yards
JF pass for 8
Minor for 11
JF Incomplete
JF pass for 9 yards
RW 24 yards, TD

After the Baltimore game. I posted on the gameday thread that Ricky Williams and the Miami Defense won that game. A Miami fan asked me, "What did Ricky do?" A heck of a lot less than he did Sunday night!

Like it or not, Miami would NOT have won that game, despite all the adulation for JF. Even with the FACT that he was getting time to throw, he still missed more than he connected. Without an acrobatic catch by Chambers, he would have missed on his longest pass. Which was also his first pass.

On another thread I was INFORMED that Ricky Williams did not care who got the praise as long as the team won. Are some of you people for real? If you had made the contribution Ricky made Sunday night, would YOU not care that the fans were crediting such an effort on your part to a far less effective player?

He is not a Robot. He is a person and just like all the rest of us, SHOULD expect credit where credit is due. You all best hope that Ricky really doesn't care. That he isn't human. With what I saw of JF Sunday night, Miami isn't going to win without Ricky. Not bashing JF. Just stating what I saw with my own eyes.

Funny how I am accused of overlooking Brian's faults, but Miami fans are UNABLE to 'see' Jay's. I admitted Ricky and the D were responsible for the Balt. win, with far less reason than that provided by Ricky Sunday night. Looks like the timbers in some eyes are much more serious than the tiny sliver in mine.

I am going to leave your forum now. I'm sure most of you will be very happy with that. I'm also sure it will be bandied about that I was 'driven' from this Forum. Not really. I just find it useless to discuss football with people suffering from Myopia and Tunnel Vision.

So now I will be accused of being Ricky William's mother? I have been called far worse things. :D

He came in and elevated his teams play. I think more than anything, he's a good leader.

I agree that Fiedler stats aren't impressive but sometime stats are lying.
He got us some first down to keep us going. He gave us a spark that was really needed.

Now he need to continue to do it for the rest of the year.

As for Ricky suddenly finding some holes, it has to be with Fiedler being back in there. The defense now had to account with his ability to scramble or play-action. They can't get to Fiedler as easily to Griese.

BTW, One bit of praise for the Miami fans, even those who have disagreed with me. Congratulations to most of you who have been able to omit vulgarity from your comments. Sure was a welcome change from some of the Forums I have posted on. At least most of you don't suffer from the "Vulgarity is the effort of a feeble mind to express itself forcibly" syndrome. Now if you could just clear up the vision problem. ;)

Becky,

I am not sure about some of the threads you referred to, but I will give my opinion. I totally agree that Ricky was the the work horse and we would not have won without him. However, in watching that game as soon as Fiedler came in, EVERYONE seemed to up their game. Now whether some would say that was just coincidence, timing, whatever... I am not sure. I personally do not think Fiedler is a better QB than Griese, but I do think the team responds to him better. For whatever reason Fiedler was the spark that pushed this team on Sunday. No his play was not perfect. Hell, it never is, but he somehow gets this team to win.

We all know that the reason you are leaving is because Griese is back on the bench. Ricky scored two TD's and deserves all the credit for that, but he wasn't running like that when Griese was behind center. The line wasn't blocking like that when Griese was behind center. The team seemed to elevate their play when Jay came in. That is reason enough to keep him in.

For christ sakes, it obvious that you are just po'd your boy was benched. Get used to it, he will not start again unless Jay is hurt again. Deal with it! It is funny that Ricky was not running all that well until Jay came in, conveniently left that out didnt ya? Keep your bias, it is clearly visible. You are a admitted Griese fan, not a fin fan.

The fact that Fiedler gave the offense some confidence and allowed it to open the playbook a little bit helped Ricky return to his old dominant self. As has been pointed out on another thread, Ricky gained as many yards in the 4th qwuarter as he had in the first three.

Becky, I was the one who "informed" you Ricky didn't care who gets the credit. (Actually, what I said was I doubted he cared, as long as the team got a win.)

And I'm sticking by that. Would you have me believe that Ricky is sitting somewhere sulking that Fiedler is getting all the headlines and the game balls from columnists like Len Pasquarelli? Do you REALLY think he's crying that he's not etting more publicity -- especially when he's already acknowledged by the media as Miami's #1 offensive weapon?

Based on what I've heard from Ricky, he wants the team to win. I infer that he realizes he will continue to get much-deserved praise as long as the offense succeeds. And I don't think he gives a rat's arse if DONALD LEE gets the headlines.

Does that make him a robot? Inhuman? Puhleaaze. It makes him a team player.

You know what we are blind? When did any supporter ever say that Jay is flawless? Never, we know he has limitations, but he has intangibles that Brian never will, his dad did, but he doesnt. One is mental toughness, he cannot handle pressure and gets flustered. Everyone picked up their game w/ Jay last nite. I dont remember any 24 yd runs when Brian was playing.

Jay needs to continue to play well and he knows it. He said as much in the Sentinel, he said hat he needs to play consistently and cannot play good one week and flat the next. He has acknowledged what people have said here. All I know is our o doesnt look lost with Jay like it did with Griese.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
It makes him a team player.

And that's why a guy like Keyshawn Johnson is sitting for the rest of the year, he isn't. Or Gardener is suspended by Denver.Or Lawrence Philipps isn't playing football anymore...

I'm glad we have Williams.

Damn straight, Rickey is awesome. He has NEVER ONCE complained, he took the blame for the lack of running on his back and protected his lineman. Stand up guy, he better retire a fin.

Back
Top Bottom