What happened to Rodgers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What happened to Rodgers?

msg

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
For weeks he was going to be the number one pick, now no ones seems to want him. What happened? Why don't we want him with the number 2 pick?

There are still a few draft guru's that have Rogers at the top of their lists, but for weeks he has been pidgeonholed as only good for a west coast style offense. I guess that label has stuck- teams must see that, and the Tedford connection, as liabilities they don't want to reprogram another Tedford QB.

TeeMoney said:
There are still a few draft guru's that have Rogers at the top of their lists, but for weeks he has been pidgeonholed as only good for a west coast style offense. I guess that label has stuck- teams must see that, and the Tedford connection, as liabilities they don't want to reprogram another Tedford QB.

He will be the #1 player chosen I believe. I just think SF is trying to get some draft picks by telling everyone they are taking a serious look at drafting Smith. This way they can still get their man if they go down to 3 or 5.

The NFL's infatuation with the QB position is starting to fade. Rodgers could easily fall out of the top ten.

The reality is that both of those junior QB's are going to need some serious clip-board time and bad teams need to improve quickly and have multiple holes to fill. The history of large contracts and holdouts with Eli and Rivers is not that appealing when it doesn't equate to real production.

Some teams would simply do better to trade for a proven backup like Billy Volek (88.1 QB rating) and draft the future QB in a lower round. That releaves the pressure of needing him to produce right away...allowing him to develop and mature.

When teams that need a QB pass on a high rounder it does produce a ripple effect and good players will slide.

Back
Top Bottom