What happened to the Pass Rush ??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What happened to the Pass Rush ???

Merman

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Jason Talyor had what, half a sack?? The Colt's O-line was suppose to be weak. Are we still hiding our blit package??? Do all our pass rushers have groin injuries??

Actually we had a few blitzes in there that ended up timed perfectly, such as a corner blitz in the redzone that contributed to one of our many redzone stands.

Please try to remember that annually Peyton Manning takes one of the fewest sack totals in the league, basically because he gets rid of the ball extremely fast has very good pocket presence and a quick release. For his first couple of years he was compared very favorably to Dan Marino in this regard.

I can't wait to see if David Bowens does when he returns next week. I think his energy and quickness will make a big difference

Ogunleye is no way living up to his pre-season perfermance and Burnett's best days are behind him.

Ogunleye had some good passrushing today. I think that against someone other than Peyton, he probably would have gotten a sack.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Please try to remember that annually Peyton Manning takes one of the fewest sack totals in the league, basically because he gets rid of the ball extremely fast has very good pocket presence and a quick release. For his first couple of years he was compared very favorably to Dan Marino in this regard.

Excellent point but last year we got to Manning with two DEs that were not suppose to be as good as this year's replacements. It seemed like we were protecting against a running QB like Vick or maybe the run fake was better this year. What ever Manning had too much time to throw.

Nothing to get too alarmed about...Our pass rushers were told to stay back and not roar out of the backfield to try contain EJ...Didnt work much but hey a win is a win bring on the JETS...:lol:

I think they were afraid of Edge. He tore us up. He always tears us up. And they run a play-action offense over there. That can really tear up a passrush when you're running play-actions all the time...and if Edge actually IS getting the ball, then he's running at you often for 9 yards a pop. It messes with a DL's mind.

Back
Top Bottom