What happened to this Organization???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What happened to this Organization????

I GOT GAME

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Growing up watching this team in the 80's and 90's was great!!! I was proud to be a fins fan. But the last 7-8 years what a JOKE nothing but issues and problems from coaches to players. No wonder JT wants to retire.

Wayne happened.....he's too a far from the details....and perhaps to friendly to the coaches.

Ive been thinking the same thing.

Ever since the creation of the salary cap we have not been the same, it punishes teams like Miami, Washington, NY Giants, San Francisco, Pittsburgh. Teams that drafted well, and took care of their players, could keep their talent, teams that didn't suffered, so what did the league do, they implemented a plan that would force teams like Miami that had good scouting, drafting, and good overall organizations.

They leveled the playing field for organizations that for the most part didn't get it.

It's probably a lame excuse, but that's all i can come up with.

I don't know I'm at a lose as well.

Wayne happened.....he's too a far from the details....and perhaps to friendly to the coaches.

I'm starting to believe that's part of the problem as well. I remember when people were calling for Wannstedt and Spielman to be fired, Huizenga said, "Dave and Rick are two really nice guys!"!!!!????

Pitt won the Super Bowl last year San Fran is up and coming (ask Denver) and the Giants are in the Playoffs ,Washington sucks

Yeah but my point is back in the 80's and 90's those teams were always the measuring stick by which teams were compared, and I forget to add the cowboys, under jj before the cap.

The salary cap rewards franchises that are mediocre buy allowing them to feed off the scraps of the formely elite teams.

My O' MY!!!

Growing up watching this team in the 80's and 90's was great!!! I was proud to be a fins fan. But the last 7-8 years what a JOKE nothing but issues and problems from coaches to players. No wonder JT wants to retire.
You know, you really bring up a great point!! I was just thinking that a few moments ago about this organization. We used to elite and now we have become the cellar dwellars of the AFC East!! I just never ever thought this would happen, I mean in the 70's,80's and 90's we had some down years but this is getting ridiculous!! Now Napolean is leaving, a once stable and storied franchise is the laughing stock of the nfl, with the likes of the Cards,Browns, Lions etc... This F%^KING SUCKS!!!

It's pretty simple guys. If you have good QB play, you have a team that can make the playoffs. Good QB may not get you a Super Bowl by himself, but can get your team playoff competitive. If you don't have good QB play, you've got to be extraordinary in other areas (ala the Ravens earlier this decade) in order to be competitive.

Dolphins are still looking for that QB since Marino. We still haven't seen a healthy Daunte play for the Dolphins - hopefully he can be that guy.

Yeah but my point is back in the 80's and 90's those teams were always the measuring stick by which teams were compared, and I forget to add the cowboys, under jj before the cap.

The salary cap rewards franchises that are mediocre buy allowing them to feed off the scraps of the formely elite teams.

I miss those days ,players played for the love of the game and for the ring. Today its all about money

1)Shula was a helluva coach. He knew exactly what to do to get the most out of what talent he had.
2)Marino lifted the level of this team's play. So many people discredit Marino for never winning a Super Bowl, really, the main reason Miami was able to stay competitive was this man. If someone else had snatched him up before Miami in the 1983 Draft, I don't think this team would have had nearly the amount of playoff appearances that it did. Marino was good for 2-4 wins a season.
3)Wannstedt botched 5 drafts. Think about it- over 5 years Wannstedt was given 35 draft picks. Who do we have to show for it: Chambers, McMichael, Bell, Hadnot, Carey. In 5 years. 5/35 is a pretty lousy hit/miss ratio. If you want to include Ricky Williams in this, feel free, as 2 draft picks were given up on him. McKinney is on IR, likely to be cut(salary cap).
Just my 5 cents.

It's pretty simple guys. If you have good QB play, you have a team that can make the playoffs. Good QB may not get you a Super Bowl by himself, but can get your team playoff competitive. If you don't have good QB play, you've got to be extraordinary in other areas (ala the Ravens earlier this decade) in order to be competitive.

Dolphins are still looking for that QB since Marino. We still haven't seen a healthy Daunte play for the Dolphins - hopefully he can be that guy.

All do respect it took us 17 years to get a running back! do you really think we are ever going to get a quaterback. Marino retired 7 years ago so we have 10 years left.

ps first we need a coach. lol

ive been a dolphins fan my whole life even when i was 5 or 6 years old id watch every game....however im about to fall into the small window of horrid of never seeing the dolphins in the playoffs in my 4 years of high school, things need to get better for us finfans

he is the problem.

Would people rather we had an annoying, meddlesome owner like Al Davis or Jerry Jones?

Wayne does what he should - put football people in charge and let them run the football business. He spends up to the salary cap, and has not had a problem spending on coaches. Coaches/GM's get plenty of rope to hang themselves if they screw up.

Honestly, this is what is attractive about Miami, and one reason that we will be able to get another good coach without much of a problem - Wayne stays out of the way.

He had Shula run things and JJ run things. Unfortunately, JJ was able to sell Wayne on Wanny. That really set us back, but Wayne trusted JJ.

Remember, Wayne basically canned Wanny after the 1st losing season (I know he quit, but it was because Wayne did not promise him that we would not fire him).

Back
Top Bottom