Bringer of Rain
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
1601393113493.png

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

The #Titans

had three new player positives and five new personnel positives for COVID-19, sources tell me and
@MikeGarafolo
. Both Titans and Vikings, who hosted them Sunday, will suspend in person club activities starting today.

1601393227337.png

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

While there inevitably have been isolated COVID-19 cases around the NFL, this is the first example of a bunch of cases within one team since camps began. Under NFL-NFLPA protocols, the expectation is Tennessee’s facility will be shut down for several days. No other decisions yet.

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

The #Vikings are currently evacuating their team facility, where coaches and other personnel had reported for work today, per sources. No known positive cases there, but they played the #Titans

on Sunday and likewise have suspended in-person club activities starting today

I’ve always felt the season would face some delays.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

NFL wants to and intends to play the Titans-Steelers game as scheduled Sunday; one of the contingency plans to allow for additional testing and contact tracing to occur would be to move the game to Monday night, per source.

If that's the worst of it there - OK

We see more of the same, particularly upon colder weather. Everything I've read since March indicated that warm weather wouldn't do much to slow it but cold weather certainly would increase the spread and make it more severe

Also some interesting news about coaches not following policy with regards to mask wearing.....

Fined
Coaches - Gruden and Payton fined 100k for Monday night's game.
Teams fined - 250k each

Other coaches fined - Seattle’s Pete Carroll, San Francisco’s Kyle Shanahan and Denver’s Vic Fangio were fined Monday, along with the Seahawks, 49ers and Broncos.

NFL now talking suspensions and lost of draft picks

We see more of the same, particularly upon colder weather. Everything I've read since March indicated that warm weather wouldn't do much to slow it but cold weather certainly would increase the spread and make it more severe

I remember when everyone was saying warm weather would stop its spread way back when and I was like - it's pretty darn warm in Florida already. Don't think there is much to that.

But yes, viruses do survive easier in chillier weather.

Bad news - it turns out the Jets test today was a false positive, meaning they still have to play this week.

Back
Top Bottom