What hath Cole wrought? The Ricky Salary Media Magic Mushrooms | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What hath Cole wrought? The Ricky Salary Media Magic Mushrooms

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Reaction score
Those of you who have been watching the main board know I kind of went off on how the Herld is portraying the sticky Ricky salary situation. I criticized the Herald for trying to rattle Steinberg's cage and prematurely plant the seeds for a phantom contract dispute.

I correctly predicted the Herald article would lead to increased rancor over "Ricky's salary demands" -- demands he has not yet made.

Now, the national media are picking up the story and perpetuating the fictitious "salary demand" angle. I am amazed at how a one-line agent response about Ricky playing for the minimum turns into this headline:

Dolphins want RB to accept NFL minimum; he wants $3.7 million

Stupid media.

I didn't post this on the main board because it would just turn into the same mindless drum-beating.

DrAstroZoom said:
Those of you who have been watching the main board know I kind of went off on how the Herld is portraying the sticky Ricky salary situation. I criticized the Herald for trying to rattle Steinberg's cage and prematurely plant the seeds for a phantom contract dispute.

I correctly predicted the Herald article would lead to increased rancor over "Ricky's salary demands" -- demands he has not yet made.

Now, the national media are picking up the story and perpetuating the fictitious "salary demand" angle. I am amazed at how a one-line agent response about Ricky playing for the minimum turns into this headline:

Dolphins want RB to accept NFL minimum; he wants $3.7 million

Stupid media.

I didn't post this on the main board because it would just turn into the same mindless drum-beating.

Like you, I saw this coming when the Herald printed their story. It didn't take long for the national press to pick up Jason's crap story and stir the pot with it. Is it any wonder why Saban is so cautious with the press, and is his caution partly to blame? It seems that, in the absence of real news, crap is printed to fill the void.

I also find it hard to believe that the FO didn't have preliminary salary discussions with Steinberg and/or Ricky before Ricky's decision to return.

Nature abhors a vacuum and fans adore controversy.

What makes me mad, is that the titles of the arcticles make it sound like Ricky is doing this. Then you read the article, and there is no substance to back it up. ugh.

This is part of the reason the press gets this bad rap. Yes, the article was written to a certain slanted point of view,andwhen people read it they didn't comprehend it the just read the words and ran with it. A logical person will sit down, analyze, and come up with there own conclusions. For example:

I think he wants more then the minimum, however I don't think hes going to get the 3.7. I think this will most likely go to arbitration and to be honest he's gogin to get a bad rap for doing that as well. WOW, look at that my own conclusion from reading articles and forming my own opinion.

Wait why am I lecturing you guys we're all smart enough to get it. Oh and FYI saban will be on 790am on friday so listen up I bet he's going to say something about it again!!

I agree with you guys 100%. When I read the headings of the various articles, they made it sound like the salary was a real issue. Then when you read the articles there is no substance to it. Just wild speculation that it is going to be an "issue". This kind of media knee jerk reactions is terrible. I hope it goe so smooth getting Ricky in camp that they look like idiots. There is a saying that goes " I would like to buy them for what they are worth and then sell them for what they THINK they are worth.

This applies to many media people who try and self glorify by fabricating stuff and peddeling wild sepculation.

Back
Top Bottom