What have we got with Jamar Taylor?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What have we got with Jamar Taylor??

dagodfather

~GOD in the flesh~
Reaction score
So i'm trying to kill some time until next week when the draft FINALLY starts and I got to thinking about Jamar Taylor. I know he was injured last season, but I don't recall WHEN he was injured and WHAT exactly was injured and how badly?

I was going back thru old draft posts and there seemed to be a copious amount of love for the pick and praise that we had indeed made the correct pick. I saw some posts comparing him closely with Johnathan Banks. How fair was that assessment based on Banks performance last season? Does anyone have any insight on his recovery?

I realize that even without the injury, the jury would still have been out on the kid, but i'm curious if people are still high on him and how confident they are that he can return and perhaps prove he was/will be worth the high draft pick we used to acquire him?

I think he has a good chance start opposite Grimes. He's a first round talent and should be 100%.

A really good CB in college who basically lost his entire rookie season and offseason to injury. If he has beat the groin then he should be a good player

He wanted to quit football because of major issues with his kidneys and not being able to take anti-inflammatories after surgery. Thats why we signed finnegan cause no one knows if he will stay healthy. I hope he stays 100% healthy.

Really tough to determine his odds of contributing. Definitely a guy to watch in pre season and hope for good news about how he is performing in all those reports we'll read from camp/practice.

I'm really not counting on anything but it would be a big break if this guy can play.

I don't think that we know what we've got until Training Camp. He was consistently good in college and hopefully he is over his injury issues and can now focus on football. He's like a new Draft pick in that he's seen so few snaps. The talk about him considering quitting is probably true but I wouldn't jump to conclusions here. Jamar is extremely religious and sensitive. Everything had been focused on becoming a professional NFL footballer and because of the hernia, he couldn't play. He then had other health issues that were more serious with the kidney damage and became frustrated and emotional away from his family, etc. Put yourself in his shoes for a moment and imagine the prospect of your career evaporating before it gets started.
I read where has regained his strength and he's now doing well and looking forward to the new season. Sometimes people who face adversity and are given a second chance embrace it fully and come back with great passion.
I wish him well. If the health issues resurface, we have a problem.

So i'm trying to kill some time until next week when the draft FINALLY starts and I got to thinking about Jamar Taylor. I know he was injured last season, but I don't recall WHEN he was injured and WHAT exactly was injured and how badly?

I was going back thru old draft posts and there seemed to be a copious amount of love for the pick and praise that we had indeed made the correct pick. I saw some posts comparing him closely with Johnathan Banks. How fair was that assessment based on Banks performance last season? Does anyone have any insight on his recovery?

I realize that even without the injury, the jury would still have been out on the kid, but i'm curious if people are still high on him and how confident they are that he can return and perhaps prove he was/will be worth the high draft pick we used to acquire him?

I think at this point all we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hope he can play for us, but if we're relying on him, we're setting ourselves up for disappointment.

a physical tough cover corner with a knack for the ball, when healthy

I don't think that we know what we've got until Training Camp. He was consistently good in college and hopefully he is over his injury issues and can now focus on football. He's like a new Draft pick in that he's seen so few snaps. The talk about him considering quitting is probably true but I wouldn't jump to conclusions here. Jamar is extremely religious and sensitive. Everything had been focused on becoming a professional NFL footballer and because of the hernia, he couldn't play. He then had other health issues that were more serious with the kidney damage and became frustrated and emotional away from his family, etc. Put yourself in his shoes for a moment and imagine the prospect of your career evaporating before it gets started.
I read where has regained his strength and he's now doing well and looking forward to the new season. Sometimes people who face adversity and are given a second chance embrace it fully and come back with great passion.
I wish him well. If the health issues resurface, we have a problem.

I would jump to conclusions. By drafting his competition.

You want to quit? Let me give you some inspiration!

Back
Top Bottom