What if 49ers do this?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if 49ers do this??

rainmaker1313

Active Roster
Reaction score
Screw up entire draft by selecting Braylon Edwards, then trading him wto Cleveland for their 3rd pick and 2nd rounder??? Cleveland would get what they want and 49ers would still get one of the 2 big QBS plus a 2nd rounder. :fire:
Could that happen?

Who cares........ aren't there teams that have been wanting to trade to our pick for Alex Smith too???????

rainmaker1313 said:
Why arent the 49ers trading their #1 pick?

Saban out played Nolan in the draft poker game. Nolan made it known he was taking a QB along time ago.

my point is, 49ers could get more drafts and still get one of the 2 QBs, Some rumors have it Rodgers can fall to 20th! Im just hoping the 49ers take Rodgers

Their's nothing they can do to screw us, from what I understand.

Supposedly, our first choice is Alex Smith, so if they take Edwards, we take our QB.

Supposedly two, if they take Smith, we're more than happy with taking Edwards and keeping him.

My question is, who do we take if we trade down with the Bucs or lower? From my understanding, Cleveland wants Edwards, but I think leaking out that we're more than happy to keep Edwards might be a way to force Cleveland's hand to deal with us.

I really REALLY believe our prime target is Ronnie Brown, but that we don't want him at two. I think we'd prefer to trade down, but are more than willing to actually take Edwards to force Cleveland to move with us and give us their second rounder (and possibly more).

I mean, seriously, we could end up trading down to three, getting an extra second rounder, taking the player we really are after, paying him less money, and have the ability to get a wide reciever and a QB in the second round, if we so desire.

Or, we could trade down with Cleveland, make it known that we want Ronnie Brown, and force the Bears, who are also after Brown, to trade with us AS WELL! We could snag their second rounder too, and snare Cadillac Williams, who I'd be more than happy with.

Man, I LOVE draft day. Seriously, the idea of 3 second rounders and a top tier RB is VERY cool. We could take care of so many needs...

outlawd2u said:
Who cares........ aren't there teams that have been wanting to trade to our pick for Alex Smith too???????

Yes. In fact, that might net us TB's picks and we'd still pick up Brown.

Its going to be an amazing draft, I wonder though if there is a move that Saban can make that would stun people and make fans unhappy?

theFreak41 said:
Their's nothing they can do to screw us, from what I understand.

Supposedly, our first choice is Alex Smith, so if they take Edwards, we take our QB.

Supposedly two, if they take Smith, we're more than happy with taking Edwards and keeping him.

My question is, who do we take if we trade down with the Bucs or lower? From my understanding, Cleveland wants Edwards, but I think leaking out that we're more than happy to keep Edwards might be a way to force Cleveland's hand to deal with us.

I really REALLY believe our prime target is Ronnie Brown, but that we don't want him at two. I think we'd prefer to trade down, but are more than willing to actually take Edwards to force Cleveland to move with us and give us their second rounder (and possibly more).

I mean, seriously, we could end up trading down to three, getting an extra second rounder, taking the player we really are after, paying him less money, and have the ability to get a wide reciever and a QB in the second round, if we so desire.

Or, we could trade down with Cleveland, make it known that we want Ronnie Brown, and force the Bears, who are also after Brown, to trade with us AS WELL! We could snag their second rounder too, and snare Cadillac Williams, who I'd be more than happy with.

Man, I LOVE draft day. Seriously, the idea of 3 second rounders and a top tier RB is VERY cool. We could take care of so many needs...
excellent analysis. the players availble at #2 don't deserve to be paid #2 money. at that slot you better have a franchise QB or LT available.

rainmaker1313 said:
Its going to be an amazing draft, I wonder though if there is a move that Saban can make that would stun people and make fans unhappy?

Yeah, he could take defense. I know I'd be pretty pissed if he took Rolle or Johnson with our first rounder...

Agua said:
Agreed. We've got the opportunity to rack the hell up some picks.
i also want a top 5 pick for '06. major OL talent available like D'Brickshaw Ferguson. supposedly J. Ogden clone.

on espn now, jaworski showing aaron rodgers has flawed ball release technique. scaring away teams.

shortsqueeze said:
on espn now, jaworski showing aaron rodgers has flawed ball release technique. scaring away teams.
Jaworski has flawed assessment skills! I doubt any team is relying on guys like Jaworski to make their decision!

Back
Top Bottom