"What if" Moments | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"What if" Moments

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Not too long ago, I was watching an NFL Films Super Bowl hi-lite package of Super Bowl 17 (Dolphins vs. Redskins, 1982 season) and was dumbstruck at how sick I felt, even while watching the hi-lites 20+ years later, when Theismann knocked that near interception away from Kim Bokamper. It's the first time I had seen that play since the actual game. Theismann saved the Super Bowl for the Skins with that play. Then, I got to thinking: What are the worst "what if" plays in Dolphins history? The most painful single plays that could have changed a whole season. I rated my top 3:
1- What if Theisman doesn't make that play in the Super Bowl. It stripped the Fins of the Lombardi Trophy
2-1994 Season, Divisional Playoffs: What if Bernie Parmalee isn't stuffed in the end zone for a safety vs. the Chargers. It was the difference in a game where the Chargers come back to win 22-21 after trailing at halftime 21-3.
3- What if Jamar Fletcher is not called for pass interference vs. New England in the last game of the season last year. It was a ticky-tack call, probably not called if the game is in Miami. I'm still not over that one.
I just got over the safety vs. the Chargers.
If anyone would like to add their top 3 "what if" moments, please do. Not much else is going on right now.

What if your ...

Uncle was Your Aunt?

"What if" is irrelevant. Dwelling on the past prevents you from playing a significant part in "Your" Future.

WOW !!!!

What a load of Crap.. I should write inspirational greeting cards...
I had to do it . Sorry for all of you who wanted to scream.:yell:

Back
Top Bottom