What if Rosen falls?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Fin_Frenzy_84, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

Now I definitely believe Tannehill will be our QB in 2018 but what if Rosen just some how fell to 11? What would you guys do? I’d definitely take him.

Definitely doubt it’ll happen but you just never know when it comes to draft day.

2. jlfin

jlfin old pro

You take him.
    Several yrs back the Steelers had an off yr and picked 11th. They drafted Ben Roethlisberger.

3. superphin

superphin close your eyes, see that? no your eyes are closed Finheaven VIP

You try to get a QB needy team to give you a Kings Ransom.

4. mmikel30

mmikel30 Starter

You take him

Rolltide03 and Michael Scott like this.
  5. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

If he's already dropped to #11 then something caused it during the evaluation process. The direction is downward and nobody is offering a king's ransom.

6. superphin

superphin close your eyes, see that? no your eyes are closed Finheaven VIP

Glass half full, as long as there are dumb people running the team like say a Mike Tennanabuam I have hope that some day it will be us who robs a team blind and not the other way around.

outlawd2u likes this.
  7. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

It's simple iMO, if you see him or another quarterback as an upgrade over Tannehill you pounce.

jlfin likes this.
  8. outlawd2u

outlawd2u Pro Bowler

Rosen has a bit of an Injury history, and has a rep for being a bad teammate at times. Sorry, but that scares me as those are things that never seem to work out in the right way for Miami. Every time we take a chance on someone like that he bombs out here.

9. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I'm not a fan of Rosen in the 1st. I don't worry about his character as much as his game, which has been consistently all over the place. He's not athletic enough to bridge the gap between the consistency you need from a QB and Josh Rosen. I like Rudolph and Jackson more than I do Rosen, and I have 3rd-RD grades on each (Rudolph could still move up a little). I trust Rudolph more, and Jackson can win games in the right situation (we've talked about his skills/limitations quite a bit). Rosen's ceiling is lower than people think, and his chance of busting is higher.

Darnold has an All Pro ceiling, with some concerns; Mayfield (hand size?) has a ceiling near Brees and Wilson (pretty good), with character and hand size being the concerns. Rudolph looks like a very good bet to succeed in an advantageous position, but I don't think he's a guy that elevates an offense - where Darnold and Mayfield could.

I do worry about whoever Cleveland drafts. I was not especially high on Kizer, but their handling of him was horrific in 2017.

Here's a QB mantra: be patient, be picky, look for value.

10. phish

phish Well-Known Member

He won’t. But keep dreaming