What if the draft was a fan democracy?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if the draft was a fan democracy??

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
What if the draft was a fan democracy?? We all know it's not, and wish it were, but "what if" it was?? Could you imagine it?? Being that Miami is a Florida team, the vote count would get all screwed up anyways, but it would be quite an adventure!!

In the 2004 NFL the Miami Dolphins select QB Philip Rivers, QB NC State, by a majority decision. It was a close 4-way race between Rivers/Carey/Clayton/Losman. But Rivers obviously put on a better campaign.

Thank god its not, because 99 out of 100 people talk about players they've only seen 2 or 3 highlights from each year. Then you got other people who like players only from their favorite teams.

I follow college football as closely as I possibly could, and everyday I am learning more and more about players I HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT.

Most people get their opinions by reading through mock drafts anyway, if someone is rated high at a positon they think we need, thats their new infatuation.

I thank god the draft is left up to professionals, and were left only to second guess.

afterall, a fans best attribute is hindsight.

Originally posted by Stamos
Thank god its not, because 99 out of 100 people talk about players they've only seen 2 or 3 highlights from each year. Then you got other people who like players only from their favorite teams.

I follow college football as closely as I possibly could, and everyday I am learning more and more about players I HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT.

Most people get their opinions by reading through mock drafts anyway, if someone is rated high at a positon they think we need, thats their new infatuation.

I thank god the draft is left up to professionals, and were left only to second guess.

afterall, a fans best attribute is hindsight.

Hear hear. I for one have been a Rivers fan for a while, and haven't only watched 2 or 3 plays....that being said, I'm glad its not up to me to pick at the draft and work the FA for the Dolphins. I can at least admit that I don't know everything, or anywhere close to it.

If that was the case I would vote for Miami to take another LB in the first round! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom