What if ...the draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if ...the draft?

zackattack54

Finatic 24/7
Reaction score
What if V Young slips and is available at 16 do ya take him? Groom him for a year and then see what happens, or go elsewhere?

ive been thinking about this but i stoped an thought seriiously he wont be there if he is we take him

No way unless Saban thinks he would be a good WR. We have much more pressing needs than a QB for the future. We brought in Culpepper with the intention of him being our franchise QB for the next 5-7 years and we don't need to take a QB now with our first pick to hope he can take over for Culpepper that far in the future. This is a good team that could really be improved with a good rookie DB or OLB, why waste that on a high risk player at a position you just already gave your 2nd pick for and will be giving alot of money to?

I don't think V Young will slip past the #9 spot...I read two different draft magazines today and they both have us taking Jay Cutler at #16....the magazine probably was printed before we got Culpepper...the other magazine I read said we are taking Youbotty (spelling?) from Ohio State at D-Back.

I would'nt take Vince Young at #86...

If he's there (very possible) you try and fleece some team for picks to move up and get him. If no one bites you draft B.P.A.

no thank you. we have other needs to fill right now. DB, OLB comes to my mind.

Juan Cribbs said:
use him as bait and steal a 2nd rounder from a desperate team.

I doubt we could do that cause we have Daunte and will probably have a back-up by than, But if we could make it appear someone else wanted him that would be nice.

zackattack54 said:
What if V Young slips and is available at 16 do ya take him? Groom him for a year and then see what happens, or go elsewhere?

If Vince Young falls to us at 16 i think you have to take him. I really like culpepper but with the knee injury and the fact that he is almost 30 i think Vince young would be a great plan B to have. and if Culpepper does great than he could be our Phillip Rivers.

Back
Top Bottom