What if ?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if ??

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If trade goes down between the Bears and Dolphins.The likely scenario will most likely be:

Bears
Ogun
20th pick

Dolphins
Bears 14th pick
Bears 48th pick

Taking Andrews at 14 would be somewhat of a reach?Which players would you like to see the Fins draft at #14 if a trade were to go down?

Last edited by a moderator:
You trade down unless there was a draft day miracle and Gallery or Taylor were still on the board.

When the first mocks came out early in the offseason Andrews was slotted at 7 a few problems and he could fall to 20. He isnt a reach at 14 but what if a player like DT Harris is there, yes I know that we need an OL but DT will be thin next year so why not do a little preventative work and use the second to get a RG. At 14 we have alot more options we could also as previously stated move down.

On the ESPN Draft Special today, Kiper was saying that Andrews actually moved up into the mid-1st with his impressive 345-pound weight.

Add a conditional '05 pick(3rd or 4th) in that deal, coming to Miami.

I still think you go Andrews. If you don't go Andrews then you look at a guy like DJ Williams, or Taylor if he should drop that far.

I think After the top ten its all going to be equal.

I'd want next years 2nd rounder as well
To Fins:
14th pick
48th pick
Next years 2nd rd

To Bears:
OGun
20th pick

fin-atic said:
I still think you go Andrews. If you don't go Andrews then you look at a guy like DJ Williams, or Taylor if he should drop that far.

I think After the top ten its all going to be equal.

I don't even think D.J Williams is better than Vilma.I don't care how much better of an athlete he is but he is not better football player than Vilma.

Williams vs Vilma could be a thread all on its own so I wont go there but I think that the pick is and will be Andrews reguardless of where we pick. At 345 he can very easily be slotted in at either RG or RT and with McIntosh out I want Andrews at RT. Put St. Clair at RG so that he has a little help and isnt out on that island at RT. Once McIntosh is healthy then move Andrews to RG so that you feild the best 5 O linemen. This is the most likely scenario come draft day.

Lets see....

Bears get...
Ogun = (1st & 3rd)
20th pick = (1st)

Dolphins get...
Bears 14th pick = (1st)
Bears 48th pick = (2nd)

Man i hope we're not dumb enough to do this....we would be getting ripped off.

Predaphin34 said:
Lets see....

Bears get...
Ogun = (1st & 3rd)
20th pick = (1st)

Dolphins get...
Bears 14th pick = (1st)
Bears 48th pick = (2nd)

Man i hope we're not dumb enough to do this....we would be getting ripped off.

The Dolphins are not in a position to offer Ogun the type of contract he seeks.Is reallya luxary having JT and Ogun.The Bear have been reluctant to give the house for Ogun.The Bears are not despret for services of Ogun.I would rather pick six spot ahead of our current pick to give us a better shot at Andrews and pick up second round pick.

There also that chance that Ogun will hold out due to both side not agreeing to a contract.

Guys, can you all just trust Rick? He'll either get Ogun the contract or he'll get something good in return for him.Now to the question. If we were to get the 14 pick we could still trade down as the talent from 10 to 20 is pretty close. So I'd trade down and get an extra pick and still get a good player at around 18 or 19.We could get a good DT or WR or we could even still get Andrews. But in the end, I still think we'll keep Ogun.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom