What is all this talk about luck?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is all this talk about luck??

Peter Pat

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Are you guys kidding me. Calling the Patriots lucky. Were they lucky when the refs screwed up the cpoin toss in the Miami OT, were they lucky when Xhambers had both feet out of bounds in OT and was ruled a catch. No they overcame all the horrendous officiiating in the 1st dolfins game, were the Pats lucky when a rookie ref in his 1st monday night game got intimidated in Denver and was afraid of the crowd, and the Pats got called for 15 penalties to Denvers 2, and they gave the ball to Denver in a Brady fumble that he recovered handed the ball to the ref and the ref still gavce the ball to Denver. The ref admitted his error later. Were the Pats lucky when Troy Browns 85 yard punt return vs Tenn was called back because of a phantom hold. No they overcam all of those calls. Were they lucky when half their team has gotten injured, and the other half is playing banged up.

The Pats are not lucky, they just win, and they dont make excuses, and they expect to win, they are such a good team right now, that they would be absolutly shocked if they didnt stop Indy, or Houston last week. Its not luck, they are just good.

were they lucky when Xhambers had both feet out of bounds in OT and was ruled a catch

That was Thompson.. Not Chambers.

And yes, they are lucky...

643Bradychaun.jpg
:tongue:

This year's Patriots look an awful lot like Ohio State of last year. Sure, they may seem lucky, but there is a reason why they win every single close game (except for the Washington one). Great teams find a way to win games in the nature the Patriots do. I simply see New England as team that takes advantage of every opportunity and is incredibly clutch, almost beyond belief. Until yesterday, I have to admit I kind of thought they were getting lucky, but after watching their game against Indianapolis I was convinced that they're not lucky.....they just find a way to win almost every game.

Originally posted by Peter Pat
Are you guys kidding me. Calling the Patriots lucky. Were they lucky when the refs screwed up the cpoin toss in the Miami OT, were they lucky when Xhambers had both feet out of bounds in OT and was ruled a catch. No they overcame all the horrendous officiiating in the 1st dolfins game, were the Pats lucky when a rookie ref in his 1st monday night game got intimidated in Denver and was afraid of the crowd, and the Pats got called for 15 penalties to Denvers 2, and they gave the ball to Denver in a Brady fumble that he recovered handed the ball to the ref and the ref still gavce the ball to Denver. The ref admitted his error later. Were the Pats lucky when Troy Browns 85 yard punt return vs Tenn was called back because of a phantom hold. No they overcam all of those calls. Were they lucky when half their team has gotten injured, and the other half is playing banged up.

The Pats are not lucky, they just win, and they dont make excuses, and they expect to win, they are such a good team right now, that they would be absolutly shocked if they didnt stop Indy, or Houston last week. Its not luck, they are just good.

Luck is a big part of being a winner.
Winners have a habit of "making" their own luck as well.
The Patsies are winners and are finding any way they can to win.
I hate it.....
but I give them the credit they deserve...
They are winners this year and a damn good team.

Well the problem that most of the people in here don't want to accept is that the patriots are a better overall team than miami is. They just do things right in the first place and place some good offense and great defense.

The Pats are a great team. How anyone can call a team, who has had to fight through the absurd amount of injuries the Patriots have had, "lucky" is beyond me.

For me it all comes down to this game on Sunday. The Dolphins will have the rest advantage, but something tells me that it won't matter. The Pats just know how to win, and up to this point, (Cowboys game not withstanding) the Dolphins only know how to lose.

The Phins are going to have to show me something on Sunday, and then again on Monday.

No the Patriots are NOT lucky, they are just that damned good.

Re: Re: What is all this talk about luck??

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Luck is a big part of being a winner.
Winners have a habit of "making" their own luck as well.
The Patsies are winners and are finding any way they can to win.
I hate it.....
but I give them the credit they deserve...
They are winners this year and a damn good team.

:eek:

Thanks for the compliment! :D

Originally posted by dolfan87
The Pats are a great team. How anyone can call a team, who has had to fight through the absurd amount of injuries the Patriots have had, "lucky" is beyond me.

For me it all comes down to this game on Sunday. The Dolphins will have the rest advantage, but something tells me that it won't matter. The Pats just know how to win, and up to this point, (Cowboys game not withstanding) the Dolphins only know how to lose.

The Phins are going to have to show me something on Sunday, and then again on Monday.

Some exceptional posts here.

Now that we are getting in a love fest, I think Ricky is a top 2 Runningback in the NFL. If he was on the Rams, he would have 1500 yards rushing and 500 yards recieving by now :D

Originally posted by dolfan87

87 [/B]

I sure wish the Phinz were just as "damned good" as the Pats are this year.... :rolleyes:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:nesucks:

I believe the game against the Colts was the Pats best performance this season and they deserved to win (and honestly watching Ted W. makes me hope Ricky doesn't run up the middle too much, lol).

More to the point of the question. In the Pats first 9 wins, they never dominated anyone. "Great" teams finds a way to win and blah blah blah....in all reality....6 of the games they won was by 8 pts. or less, 2 in OT, and they only led 2 (or 3?) times in the 4th qtr by 9-0 and 6-0 I believe. Although Pats fans want to believe they are the next dynasty and greatest thing to happen to football and have more perseverence and heart then anyone else, I don't believe they do.

You have to admit that more then one game was close (i.e. against Miami or almost losing to Denver's 4th string QB signed a week before the game) and really could have gone either way, and that Pats fans have had to have been on the edge of their seats the whole season. Some of their "wins" were not from their clutch-play ability or heart or anything...but the other team screwing it up. I do give them credit for hanging in there and finishing off the game after the opposing team lost the game.

I give them A LOT of credit as a team for playing with the injuries they have had and for the coach always keeping his team as focused as possible, regardless of the score, and for getting the wins they have, regardless of how they have come. I think that if Sunday's game against the colts is any indication of how the team is coming together and getting better....then that is scary for us.

But....for Pats fans to run around and act like they have been killing other teams from the get-go is ludicrous and I think that is what has annoyed many Dolphin fans.

Congrats on the game W as there are no excuses or reasons I can find for them winning other then they played a hell of a game and deserved to win....and I am beginning to now give more credit to the whole team's performance as they (in my mind) earn it more.

Originally posted by DolphinzD
This year's Patriots look an awful lot like Ohio State of last year. Sure, they may seem lucky, but there is a reason why they win every single close game (except for the Washington one). Great teams find a way to win games in the nature the Patriots do. I simply see New England as team that takes advantage of every opportunity and is incredibly clutch, almost beyond belief. Until yesterday, I have to admit I kind of thought they were getting lucky, but after watching their game against Indianapolis I was convinced that they're not lucky.....they just find a way to win almost every game.

Well put.

Taking off the blinders and giving credit to a bitter rival does not make you any less of a fan.
Your team faces a formidable task this Sunday. A true fan should acknowledge that.

I'm a die hard Pats fan, but I'm also a football fan. As much as I like to bash the 'phins, I would never underestimate guys Ricky Williams, Zack Thomas, and Jason Taylor.

These are 2 of the top teams, and are quite evenly matched. Anyone looking at this matchup objectively would expect a close, tough battle.

They almost blew a 31-10 lead.. That is pretty bad..

But I give props for the goaline stand.. Even though McGinest is a dirty cheap liar....

Originally posted by XNOUGHT

Some exceptional posts here.

Hey, can I get some credit too?

Pats > '72 Fins

Peter Pan, save it for the Pats boards. :tongue:

A team without luck is not a good team. Luck is part of every sport and luck is part of good teams year in and year out.

Originally posted by dropKickMurphy

Well put.

Taking off the blinders and giving credit to a bitter rival does not make you any less of a fan.
Your team faces a formidable task this Sunday. A true fan should acknowledge that.

I'm a die hard Pats fan, but I'm also a football fan. As much as I like to bash the 'phins, I would never underestimate guys Ricky Williams, Zack Thomas, and Jason Taylor.

These are 2 of the top teams, and are quite evenly matched. Anyone looking at this matchup objectively would expect a close, tough battle.

Thanks.....I make what I think is an intelligent post every now and then.

Funny thing is, I actually don't mind the Patriots. The only team in the division I really hate is the Jets. I am really looking forward to the game on Sunday.....if recent history is any indication, it should be very close:

2003: Pats 19-13 OT
2002: Pats 27-24 OT, Dolphins 26-13
2001: Pats 20-13, Dolphins 30-10
2000: Dolphins 27-24, Dolphins 10-3
1999: Dolphins 31-30, Dolphins 27-17
1998: Dolphins 12-9 OT, Pats 26-23
1997: Pats 17-3, Pats 14-12, Pats 27-24

Out of those 14, it is 7 wins apiece. 3 OT games, and 10 have been decided by 7 points or fewer.

Back
Top Bottom