What is all this talk about luck?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is all this talk about luck??

AWWWWWWWWWWWW COME ON GUYS!!!! Don't compare New England to Ohio State...

Tom brady is from the devil's state... so... NE and OSU can't be compared... ewwwwwwwwwwwww

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life

Tom brady is from the devil's state... so... NE and OSU can't be compared... ewwwwwwwwwwwww

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you were not particularly pleased with the OSU-Michigan game this year. Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Originally posted by jbond

But....for Pats fans to run around and act like they have been killing other teams from the get-go is ludicrous and I think that is what has annoyed many Dolphin fans.

I talk to a lot of Pats fans about the team, but I don't recall any of them acting like the Pats have been killing anyone. What we admire in the team is its resiliancy and clutch play....not its domination.
As far as "potential dynasty"... that's not likely to happen with any team in this age of salary caps, revenue sharing, and parity.
I, as well as many other Pats fans, believe that the ownership and management of the team has put the Pats in good position to remain competitive over the long haul.
For example, the Pats traded a 1st round pick in the 2003 draft to Baltimore for a 2nd rounder in 2003 and a first rounder in 2004. This move worked out nicely, as the Pats ended up with an extremely productive draft in 2003 while stockpiling picks for the future.
Kraft has learned his lesson from the Parcells fiasco, and has given full and unquestioned control to Belichick. Both Kraft and Belichick are committed to long term stability (something the Pats did not have for the first 30 years of their existance). As a result, Belichick feels confident making moves that might not pay dividends for a year or two.
Could you say the same about a coach whose job is in jeopardy if he doesn't win it all this year?
No one should expect a dynasty. I do expect the Patriots to be among the teams contending for a title for a number of years. Who can ask for more than that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life

:lol: :lol: :lol: HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO BLUE, is that roses I smell? :lol:

No one (can ask more) and I agree with your post. Fans I'm talking about are more generally found at http://www.sportsline.com/messages/nfl

Some of them are pretty cool, some of them are just way overboard. Didn't mean 100% of fans.

As for Wannsteadt possibling losing his job.....since 1970 we have only had 1 losing season, and this season makes 15 in a row of .500 or better, and 33 out of 39 total.

What does this mean? Being competitive isn't a viable option for the Dolphins as we are ALWAYS competitive. What we want is deeper playoffs and more SB appearances.

I guess we expect more from our team then other's as we always do well...but not well enough to get to or win the SB....and I think that is why so many people love and hate the dolphins. We may always be criticized for "choking" or whatever....but we almost always get further along then every other team....and do so more often...and although fans make joke about it during december....no one in the leauge ever discounts Miami.

Don't we have like the 2nd highest winning % since inception? Being above average just isn't good enough anymore...

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Well the problem that most of the people in here don't want to accept is that the patriots are a better overall team than miami is. They just do things right in the first place and place some good offense and great defense.

I would not disagree with you but i will say this, that new england is not as good as their head coach. it is there coaching that is making that team. they have their weaknesses. their weakness is that a good power running team can kill them if they simply get third down conversions. secondly, a defense cant give them that cheap stuff to the WR's. there offense is not that great but they convert. they live to convert third downs. that is bill belechick. if we simply converted like they convert. ricky would kill them in the end.

You can't really use blown ref calls as you defense for a team overcoming. Every team has overcome some terrible calls every year. Miami is just as much a victim of that as the Patriots and every other team. When I tlak about being lucky, I am tlaking about having a chance to flex your offensive muscles after our reliable kicker turns into a pumpkin twice in one game. Usually, those types of breaks don't come around once let alone twice in a game. I am talking about stopping, to me anyways, the number one offense in the NFL four times on the one yard line. If you want to bring the refs into it you cna make a case that perhaps some of your big plays were do to non calls or seemingly unfair practices (McGinests miracle leg comes to mind). So don't come here and cry oppresion of your team by the refs when every other team has to deal with it.

Besides, the Patriots were handed the biggest gift a ref could give a football team a few years ago, a Lombardi Trophy. :lol: :jk: They did give you a second chance at least, which is still considered lucky in my book.

Well, (cheers) here's to them reaching the destination that Miami is already.....competitve year in and year out.....

now we just have to see if they can be so for 30 years in a row...I should still be alive then...

see....everybody wants to be like the fish... :)

screw OSU, luckiest team ever...Miami was robbed last year

gotta love how Maurice Clarett is sleeping through African American Studies and skipping Physical education right now :lol:

Back
Top Bottom