What is Dave talking about? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is Dave talking about?

That sucks. I don't think it will be long though. Especially if Kearse plays well against Smith this week.

Originally posted by njfinfan
In this article he mentions talks will happen when it's decision time. I think it's pretty much decision time (crunch time) right now. What is he waiting for? We need help now!!

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/7195151.htm:confused:

When you have players that are not in playing shape...or not an upgrade...then the decision is pretty much made for you.

If Webb will not be in playing shape for a month, then you send him home and ask him to come back when he can play.

I don't have the same desperation that many do about the play of Wade Smith. I agree w/ Fisher that at least two of those sacks were not his fault. Sure he needed help. But, any LT in the league is going to need help against Freeney. C'mon, were into the 8th game of the season and no one has complained about Smith being the weakest link until now. That should speak volumes about his ability even though he lacks experience.

It is more realistic to make the adjustments on the field that will help sure up the left side.

Adjustsments:
1) The guard must provide help on the inside moves.
2) Griese must NOT drop back too deep...giving the DE a better angle at the sack. Jason Taylor would have 10 sacks by now if the QB's he was facing had dropped into the 9-11 yard range from scrimmage.
3) Provide real help from the RB.
4) Rollout to the right...not in slow-motion either.
5) Use the pichout- and fake pich out to keep DE off-balance with out compromising the QB's positioning.
6) Screen passes to the left side.
7) Go back to quick timing passes to the WR's...like we did against the Chargers.

The fact is, there really isn't anybody out there. CERTAINLY not a starter (at LT).

Re: Re: What is Dave talking about?

Originally posted by PhinstiGator

When you have players that are not in playing shape...or not an upgrade...then the decision is pretty much made for you.

If Webb will not be in playing shape for a month, then you send him home and ask him to come back when he can play.

I don't have the same desperation that many do about the play of Wade Smith. I agree w/ Fisher that at least two of those sacks were not his fault. Sure he needed help. But, any LT in the league is going to need help against Freeney. C'mon, were into the 8th game of the season and no one has complained about Smith being the weakest link until now. That should speak volumes about his ability even though he lacks experience.

It is more realistic to make the adjustments on the field that will help sure up the left side.

Adjustsments:
1) The guard must provide help on the inside moves.
2) Griese must NOT drop back too deep...giving the DE a better angle at the sack. Jason Taylor would have 10 sacks by now if the QB's he was facing had dropped into the 9-11 yard range from scrimmage.
3) Provide real help from the RB.
4) Rollout to the right...not in slow-motion either.
5) Use the pichout- and fake pich out to keep DE off-balance with out compromising the QB's positioning.
6) Screen passes to the left side.
7) Go back to quick timing passes to the WR's...like we did against the Chargers.

you're making some very good points. I think the coaching staff needs to find ways that will make the job a little easier for the players. One more thing I was thinking was that we didn't use enough screen plays to slow down the rush. A reverse(wich has work for us in the past) is another play that would salow down the defence. We'll need everything we can get from here on out.

Ozzy rules!!

He will definitely not be around if we don't at the very least go to the
AFC championship and possibly further.

Dave sucks yet it seems this year the Fins have had a shot at winning every game this year.

Mare ****ed up the Pats game. You don't miss 2 easy kicks when you get paid so much.

Griese screwed us on the Colts game. Hey, **** happens.

And we all know the story about Houston.

Wait wait...what?

Who screwed us on the Indy game? Griese? No no no. I forgot that SOB is supposed to be like Vick and outrun everyone. Or that he was supposed to hold on to the ball like Walter Payton. Let's see you get blindsided by a 325 pound guy and see if you hold onto the ball.

How about blaming Wade Smith? I really don't. He's a rookie, went up against a heck of a veteran.

How about..wait...the coaching staff? Partially, yes. Give the ball to RW TWICE in the last 30 minutes of the game???? TWICE!!! Come on!!!

How about the defense for suddenly forgetting how to tackle? Definately. How about letting up 4 scoring drives of over 60 yards? Yep, that can't be good either.

I don't blame it on Griese.

Is it a little odd that when Wanny is 'coach' (I use that term in the loosest of ways) on any team, they have one good year the first year and slowly decline until he gets the boot? I don't think it's odd. It proves how bad of a coach he is.

Is it also odd that we give up the least points of any defense, have the most talented defense, one of the best running backs in football.....yet we're doomed for another 9-7, if not worse, season? Or that we are one of the most historic franchises in football, had an undefeated season, but we're almost a laughing stock now.

Another thing I find odd: beginning of the season when I came out with my opinion and told everyone about Wanny and this team, everyone bashed me. Now, I'm apart of the majority. I hate it when I'm right to begin with.

Blaming Griese is laughable. Fumbles on blindside hits are not his fault. Picks are a QB's fault unless they're tipped.

Griese played extremely well that game having NO time to set and throw. All he can do is execute the plays called which he has. Fiedler is a more mobile QB, but if you can't pass in this league it doesn't matter how well you can run.

Back
Top Bottom