What is more of a risk at the top of the Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is more of a risk at the top of the Draft?

My point is who has had the better success rate in the nfl from top picks. Rbs or Wrs.
A bust at wr is almost as bad as a bust at qb. They both happen often and with all the money tied into them you are in cap hell for a while. As for rbs the success rate of them is alot more than either of the two previous positions mentioned.

RB. Guys like Clayton and Boldin are relative flukes.

Everyone's a risk. The year that we took Zach in the 5th... how many LBs went ahead of him? How many are better than him?

WR in the top 5 is crazy only Meshawn and Andre Johnson have had 1000 yard seasons in their whole careers after being picked top 5

Not only the top 5 but look at the top 15 of the draft for receivers and youll find many busts

Of course you will. Teams start 2-3 recievers a game depending on the scheme, so you're gonna have more WRs in a draft than RBs skewing the numbers. To really find out, you'd have to figure out the ratio of busts compared to times picked in the top 10 or whatever. Seven busts out of 40 is much better than 3 busts out of nine.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Of course you will. Teams start 2-3 recievers a game depending on the scheme, so you're gonna have more WRs in a draft than RBs skewing the numbers. To really find out, you'd have to figure out the ratio of busts compared to times picked in the top 10 or whatever. Seven busts out of 40 is much better than 3 busts out of nine.

Im not saying in the entire draft what are the exact statistics of the success rate. In the top part of the first round of the draft there is about as many running backs taken as receivers. So you could compare the success rate of them.

dolfannjb said:
Im not saying in the entire draft what are the exact statistics of the success rate. In the top part of the first round of the draft there is about as many running backs taken as receivers. So you could compare the success rate of them.

I was talking about the 1st round as well. I just checked it out though and you're right. Since 1982, 87 Rbs selected in the first round. Ready for this? There have been 88 WRs selected in the first round in the same time span. lol.

The biggest risk to take at the top of the draft would definitely be a QB. But between a WR and RB... that's really tough. I would have to say RB, but you can't deny the fact that every position can be a risk.

Back
Top Bottom