What is the best signing from Miami (all-time) ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is the best signing from Miami (all-time) ?

FinsGoToGuy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
To followup my other post:

What is the best signing that you can remember ?

I haven't check the list but I would say that Trace Armstrong was a good one. I can't think of any one else right now.

Um...duh...Nick Buononti. Not only was he a key part of the perfect season, we also took him away from the Pats in a trade which sent three scrub players to NEw England.

Uh my best signing was back in late 80s and early nineties when Free agency was in its infancy and we resigned Dan Marino to a long term contract that prevented him from going to the fadors. My buddy was a diehard raider fan (still is) and he subscribed to the raider digest whatever it is called and it said that raiders would have pursued Narino heavily if he became available, a would many other teams. So not letting Danny go was the best signing IMO.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy

I think it was a trade ...

No, Shula resigned from the Baltimore Colts and signed with Miami.
Later, amidst rumors of tampering, Miami was forced to surrender a 1st round pick to the Colts as compensation for the acquisition

• Trace
  • Mare
  • Fiedler
  • Fryar
  • Jackson

seems like we have not signed too many FAs that panned out over a long period of time

I have to say Eric Green.

:rofl:

I was thinking about unrestricted free agents coming to Miami when I started the thread.

I think Reggie White was the first free agent to sign with another team...

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
You guys must all be pretty young if you're not even CONSIDERING all the players we signed to make up the '72 team.

I was definetly thinking the same thing..Those FA signinngs had to be the best when a team goes undefeated..

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
I was thinking about unrestricted free agents coming to Miami when I started the thread.

I think Reggie White was the first free agent to sign with another team...

Well...if you wanted to restrict it to "post free agency", you might want to have specified that...:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom