What is the Max. you would give up for Brunell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is the Max. you would give up for Brunell

Phins13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
:confused: I would love to get M.B but for no more than a 4th rnd. pick in this years draft and no more than a third in next years......Anymore than this will be too much. We need as many picks this year to load up on off. This was a guy who was about to get released and now Wash. has people talking about a 1 or a 2?!! NO WAY......Even if our options are limited right now.....always surprises getting cut......No need to overpay or panic yet......All indications point to Brunell wanting to come to the phins for a number of reasons.

I wouldn't give up any picks at all for him. If we get him as a free agent then fine, if not then forget him.

Ozzy rules!!

Tough call....no way a 1 this year or next...al depends on what they decide which direction they are going...Henson or Rivers...and what it will take to get them....for someone who was about to get released...some teams seem like they really want to overpay for him....think Jacks is looking for something in this years draft...a one would be crazy...and we don't have a 2.

I have to agree with you on this but how important is a 4th rnd pick vs. a veteran,polished leader? Glad I'm not the G.M with the fans breathing down my back.

I think at this point if we want Brunell...we are going to overpay for him...sad but true.

This I will say.......We don't trade for Brunell, you might as well pencil Jay in as our starter. Maybe we should use our 1st rounder on M.B(Just a joke)

The organization is in a tough spot...if we don't get Brunell...some will shout we didn't do enough...if we get him...some will shout we overpaid for him...tough,tough call....but I think no way do we OVERPAY for him(meaning a one or nexts years one or 2)

Originally posted by Danny
I wouldn't give up any picks at all for him. If we get him as a free agent then fine, if not then forget him.

Ozzy rules!!

Exactly .....

Negotiate with Brunell's agent when he is a free agent ...

The Dolphins need every one of this years draft picks !!

:D

Marino1983

Hey NYPHINFAN, if we don't get brunell by overpaying for him will you watch J.F Q.B next year? I want to see you write YES to that!:shakeno: :nana:

Originally posted by Phins13
Hey NYPHINFAN, if we don't get brunell by overpaying for him will you watch J.F Q.B next year? I want to see you write YES to that!:shakeno: :nana:
NO WAY am I saying I want Jay...just saying something always pops up...a release or trade...don't want to give up high picks(we have done it alot the past few years) If the price is right...get him

Originally posted by Danny

Ozzy rules!!

Your exactly right! We can't aford to give any picks up! Either we get him as a FA or not at all!!! **** I'll take jeff blake as a FA before I'd give any picks for MB!!!!

4th MAX. I don't know about everyone else but I want one of four guys:

River
Henson
Manning (Eli)
Roethlisberger

I get the sense that we can win quickly with Rivers. He seems more mature football-wise than the others. Giving up a 1st for Brunell would be lunacy!

Back
Top Bottom