What is the word on JT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is the word on JT

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
I am not trying to start a tade thread, but I am curious what is up with JT. He is my favorite Dolphin. The last I have heard was his manager siad he would not conform to playing a differint role when Miami plays a 3-4. Besides that There has been no talk from JT dealing with any of the newcommers(coaches or players.) He has been abscent from all the lockerroom interiews in mini camp. Does anyone have a gauge on how JT is feeling this offseason?

If u watch the Junior Seau interview it says that he is going to be an outside rusher.

I am pretty sure in the one interview JT had at camp this year, he just wants to do what is needed to win.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
If u watch the Junior Seau interview it says that he is going to be an outside rusher.

That's quite a large image you got there. I love how it tears the table apart on my screen. It's so pleasing to the eye!

Jack Nicholson's voice from the Shining (trapped in the pantry room stored with all the food and boxes) JT'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE :evil:

(a couple months old but still useful) http://kffl.com/player/1850/nfl GO CHECK IT OUT!!!! (SADISTIC LAUGH) GO CHECK IT OUT!!!! :evil:

JT is fine. Saban is doing exactly as he promised, which is featuring Zach and JT in his defense. It is obvious from the veteran interviews after OTAs that phins.com's guest columnist Mark Dell'Ebert or whatever had it right when he called out Saban's "3-4" defense. We'll have a LNT who will play off the center's right shoulder pad, a RDT who will play on top of the LG, a RDE who will play wide of the LT at all times (this will be JT), a LDE who will also play on the outside shoulder of the RT, a SSLB who will line up close to the line of scrimmage outside the LDE, a MLB who will play behind the NT and will have a very physical gap-shooting role, and a WSLB who will "drag" or "scrape" the flow of the play and be relatively free to roam the field and make tackles (this will be Zach).

My guess is that Roth and Bowens will rotate in at LDE and RDE as well as possibly SSLB, Holliday will rotate in at RDT and LDE, Carter will start at LDE and rotate over to RDT, Chester will start at LNT but sub out for Bowens, Vickerson will be inactive but would play LNT and RDT when activated, Zgonina will rotate in at RDT with Holliday (may actually start at RDT), Junior will start at MLB with Channing Crowder primary backup, Zach at WSLB with Channing Crowder primary backup, Spragan at SSLB with Roth, D.Bowens, and Crowder backing him up.

The only hole in the roster is I don't know who starts at RDT. I don't like the idea of having Chester and Tim Bowens on the field at the same time. I don't really love the idea of Zgonina starting there at RDT either. I also am not in love with moving Carter over there too often and taking him away from his LDE role, even though it would mean more playing time for two very good ends in D.Bowens and Roth. I'm not terribly enthused with the idea of Holliday playing there either. But, what you lack in a consistent starter, I guess you make up for with a healthy rotation. I'm just hoping that with Spragan being a bigger presence at SSLB than Greenwood (literally bigger, not necessarily better) and having a safety more involved in the middle, we'll be able to stop the run without giving up a whole ton of over the top passes.

ckparrothead said:
JT is fine. Saban is doing exactly as he promised, which is featuring Zach and JT in his defense. It is obvious from the veteran interviews after OTAs that phins.com's guest columnist Mark Dell'Ebert or whatever had it right when he called out Saban's "3-4" defense. We'll have a LNT who will play off the center's right shoulder pad, a RDT who will play on top of the LG, a RDE who will play wide of the LT at all times (this will be JT), a LDE who will also play on the outside shoulder of the RT, a SSLB who will line up close to the line of scrimmage outside the LDE, a MLB who will play behind the NT and will have a very physical gap-shooting role, and a WSLB who will "drag" or "scrape" the flow of the play and be relatively free to roam the field and make tackles (this will be Zach).

My guess is that Roth and Bowens will rotate in at LDE and RDE as well as possibly SSLB, Holliday will rotate in at RDT and LDE, Carter will start at LDE and rotate over to RDT, Chester will start at LNT but sub out for Bowens, Vickerson will be inactive but would play LNT and RDT when activated, Zgonina will rotate in at RDT with Holliday (may actually start at RDT), Junior will start at MLB with Channing Crowder primary backup, Zach at WSLB with Channing Crowder primary backup, Spragan at SSLB with Roth, D.Bowens, and Crowder backing him up.

The only hole in the roster is I don't know who starts at RDT. I don't like the idea of having Chester and Tim Bowens on the field at the same time. I don't really love the idea of Zgonina starting there at RDT either. I also am not in love with moving Carter over there too often and taking him away from his LDE role, even though it would mean more playing time for two very good ends in D.Bowens and Roth. I'm not terribly enthused with the idea of Holliday playing there either. But, what you lack in a consistent starter, I guess you make up for with a healthy rotation. I'm just hoping that with Spragan being a bigger presence at SSLB than Greenwood (literally bigger, not necessarily better) and having a safety more involved in the middle, we'll be able to stop the run without giving up a whole ton of over the top passes.

nice evaluation...i could deffinatley see it playing out this way.

ckparrothead said:

That sounds great Mr. Hendrix. And if a dead guitarist (best of all time) can come up with that, I bet Saban can match it or even find a better way!:)

He will play any position if it helps the team. He wants that superbowl ring BAD.

Really, PFT is the source for all the JT trade talk. They created these rumors that spun out of control. JT is fine, and he isn't going any where.

Nublar7

Have you read anything on try out players that might get signed. Bynes is really the only player that has mentioned the team's possible contact with his agent? It looks like Lewis, ***a, Bynes and Parker were tryouts the entire time. Seeing Huggins and Solomona's names were surprises.

Lee2000

Back
Top Bottom