What is wrong with this site? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is wrong with this site?

WeVie

Champion Of The Beards!
Reaction score
Something must be wrong with this site. It is taking a very long time for the pages on this site to load and sometimes they will not load at all for me. That happens mostly when I open a thread and the first or second post will load and that is all. Then it just says opening page but it never opens. It has to be this site because it is the only one that does it. Help!!

Originally posted by WeVie
Something must be wrong with this site. It is taking a very long time for the pages on this site to load and sometimes they will not load at all for me. That happens mostly when I open a thread and the first or second post will load and that is all. Then it just says opening page but it never opens. It has to be this site because it is the only one that does it. Help!!

Same here.

Oliver...

I have the same problem... it's been doing it all morning.

More than likely the server that is hosting this site is having problems somewhere along the line with the latest virus attacks. There are a lot of ISPs and web hosting companies that are still trying to get their sites and servers and accounts back in order.

At the same time, though I do experience on a regular basis problems with the pages loading. So there could be times with too many people hitting the server that hosts this site and not enough bandwidth available.

If you're talking about the boards, we all have that problem. It's the avatars and sigs. Which doesn't take TOO long.

Originally posted by Peanut
If you're talking about the boards, we all have that problem. It's the avatars and sigs. Which doesn't take TOO long.

Nah its not the avatars and sigs. I'm on a t1 and it was taking forever for the forum script to finish. Seems to be over now tho. Probably was just a bad hop that was giving some packet loss.

Originally posted by Crisdeman

Nah its not the avatars and sigs. I'm on a t1 and it was taking forever for the forum script to finish. Seems to be over now tho. Probably was just a bad hop that was giving some packet loss.

Oh yeah, when you 'Finheaven & Co Forums' ?

Yeah, that takes for ever to load, but you just gotta deal with it. The site is designed great and that probably slows it up.

There are alot of sites like that, like ESPN & the Herald.

I'm thinking more like MN and Cris. Something was up somewhere, whether it was the worm or just a bad hop. Haven't gotten a chance to talk to A.J. yet today. However, Net traffic as a whole has slowed down a bit in the last week or so due to the abnormal amount of 'major' virus activity.

Site seems to be flying right now. :)

Originally posted by Muck
I'm thinking more like MN and Cris. Something was up somewhere, whether it was the worm or just a bad hop. Haven't gotten a chance to talk to A.J. yet today. However, Net traffic as a whole has slowed down a bit in the last week or so due to the abnormal amount of 'major' virus activity.

Site seems to be flying right now. :)

Yep probably a jam cause by SoBig or something. Last week in 1 day at work, we had over 2000 email messages containing the virus.

And btw Peanut, on a T1, finheaven normally loads quick as hell with all the huge sigs and avatars, etc. Even on my dsl at home it loads fast.

Like I said, chances are a hop or 2 in the route was bad and took a few days to clear up.

Back
Top Bottom