What makes them so sure that Tom Brady will come back great? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What makes them so sure that Tom Brady will come back great?

chibully

Scout Team
Reaction score
So what makes everyone so sure that Tom Brady will return to form right away. I'm not so sure if his injury is any different from anyone else who had that injury. He could very well come back and be great, or he could not. Now, I hear that because "He's Tom Brady," he will come back better than ever, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You could just as well say, he'll come back better than ever because he's joe blow. See what I mean? It could be anyone.

Although, the only reason non-patriot fans like me think he'll come back great is because he plays for the Patriots, and you expect him and the team to do what they always do, which is win.

The old football saying goes "that's why we play the games." Paper can only tell you so much, you never know what will happen. That's what makes it so exciting. Obviously, though, I would love to see NE fail miserably.

The true QB we can compare a similar injury is carson. But brady had 5 more months to heal than carson.Carson came back and threw 28TD 13Int and 4100 yd the next year.

Now voluntary camp already is going on joey gallaway was on sports show talked about how accurate brady`s throws are when he was running patterns.He talked how excited he is about playing with a QB who has that accuracy .This was 6 weeks before.

anyway , no one know for sure but from him and also greg lewis who remarked on brady`s throwing one can assume he is atleast throwing passes which carson could not do as he missed all training camp

I've been hearing a lot of talk from other fan bases regarding Tom Brady's return in 2009. For the most part, they all repeat the same mantra: "Tom Brady will never be the same!"
I've got news for those of you who say this.
It's wishful thinking, and I'm calling you on it.
When you look at his injury last season and consider what parts of his game make him a great Quarterback, there's really no reason to believe Tom Brady can't regain his form. Let's take a look at what makes Tom Brady great:
Football IQ: First, and foremost, Tom Brady is a student of the game. He puts in the extra time studying his opponent so that on game day he's ready to pick apart a defense's weaknesses. He is constantly working towards improving his game.
Leadership: The first time Tom takes the field in 2009, it's going to lift the spirits of the entire team. He will elevate the performance of his teammates with his mere presence in the huddle. His composure and confidence will be a welcome addition to a team that faced much uncertainty in 2008.
Decision Making: No one progresses through their reads quicker than Tom Brady. He almost always finds an open man, and when no one is there he gets rid of the ball instead of throwing costly interceptions.
Throwing Accuracy: It would be hard for any stretch of the imagination to believe that a past knee injury would affect Brady's hand-eye coordination. He'll still be able to thread the needle, hit receivers in stride, and put the ball where only his guys can get it.
Pocket Presence: Tom Brady is not known as a scrambler or a running Quarterback. What he is known for is avoiding pressure in the pocket by either stepping up or sliding around defenders. I don't see how he'll be prevented from doing this after completing his rehab and recovery.
Take a good look at those attributes and tell me, even in the off chance Brady has some lingering stiffness in his knee, how he will no longer be the elite Quarterback that he's been in the past. I'm willing to bet you can't.
There will be some foolish fans out there that will see Tom Brady fail to reach the 50 Touchdown milestone and claim that he's regressed, forgetting the fact that seasons like that are the exception, not the rule.
There will be some fans that point towards Carson Palmer's injury, not wanting the face the fact that he did quite well, at least physically, when he returned the following season. They'll also forget to mention the fact that Brady has had more recovery time, and he didn't suffer the cartilage damage that Palmer did.
There will be those that say Brady will be distracted by his super-hot wife this season, as if having a super-hot wife is a bad thing.
These voices will die off once the season begins and Brady gets to work doing what he does best. He probably won't have an epic season like he did in 2007 but then again, it's not really fair to use that as a bench mark from now on.
Remember, Peyton Manning is still considered the best Quarterback in the league by many fans and experts, despite the fact that he hasn't come close to the personal success he enjoyed in his 49 touchdown season.
Brady will be back folks. I know it's a hard pill to swallow, but the sooner you accept it, the easier it will be when he dissects your team's defense once again. No amount of hate or wishful thinking will change that.

I've been hearing a lot of talk from other fan bases regarding Tom Brady's return in 2009. For the most part, they all repeat the same mantra: "Tom Brady will never be the same!"
When you look at his injury last season and consider what parts of his game make him a great Quarterback, there's really no reason to believe Tom Brady can't regain his form. Let's take a look at what makes Tom Brady great:
Football IQ: First, and foremost, Tom Brady is a student of the game. He puts in the extra time studying his opponent so that on game day he's ready to pick apart a defense's weaknesses. He is constantly working towards improving his game.
Leadership: The first time Tom takes the field in 2009, it's going to lift the spirits of the entire team. He will elevate the performance of his teammates with his mere presence in the huddle. His composure and confidence will be a welcome addition to a team that faced much uncertainty in 2008.
Decision Making: No one progresses through their reads quicker than Tom Brady. He almost always finds an open man, and when no one is there he gets rid of the ball instead of throwing costly interceptions.
Throwing Accuracy: It would be hard for any stretch of the imagination to believe that a past knee injury would affect Brady's hand-eye coordination. He'll still be able to thread the needle, hit receivers in stride, and put the ball where only his guys can get it.
Pocket Presence: Tom Brady is not known as a scrambler or a running Quarterback. What he is known for is avoiding pressure in the pocket by either stepping up or sliding around defenders. I don't see how he'll be prevented from doing this after completing his rehab and recovery.
Take a good look at those attributes and tell me, even in the off chance Brady has some lingering stiffness in his knee, how he will no longer be the elite Quarterback that he's been in the past. I'm willing to bet you can't.
There will be some foolish fans out there that will see Tom Brady fail to reach the 50 Touchdown milestone and claim that he's regressed, forgetting the fact that seasons like that are the exception, not the rule.
There will be some fans that point towards Carson Palmer's injury, not wanting the face the fact that he did quite well, at least physically, when he returned the following season. They'll also forget to mention the fact that Brady has had more recovery time, and he didn't suffer the cartilage damage that Palmer did.
There will be those that say Brady will be distracted by his super-hot wife this season, as if having a super-hot wife is a bad thing.
These voices will die off once the season begins and Brady gets to work doing what he does best. He probably won't have an epic season like he did in 2007 but then again, it's not really fair to use that as a bench mark from now on.
Remember, Peyton Manning is still considered the best Quarterback in the league by many fans and experts, despite the fact that he hasn't come close to the personal success he enjoyed in his 49 touchdown season.
Brady will be back folks. I know it's a hard pill to swallow, but the sooner you accept it, the easier it will be when he dissects your team's defense once again. No amount of hate or wishful thinking will change that.
Most of this has been covered in these forums without the verbosity.
People are speculating on how Brady will perform early in the season and with good reason.

:lol2:
So do you also play the stock market as well?

You have no freakin clue at what stage brady is at in his rehab..

Unless of course you actually believe the press releases by bilicheat..:lol:

If you claim that fans questioning bradys health is wishfull thinking then guess what, the same applies to patsie fans like you who think he can pick up his game right where he left off in 07..

Deal with it!

Marino1983

Patriots-Lifer is correct but he forgot to include the receiving corps (Moss, Welker,Galloway, Watson and the rest of the crew) and the RBs (Taylor, Faulk, Morris, Maroney, Green-Ellis and the rest of that crew) that Brady will be working with. As long as Brady get the time to see what is happening and the WRs, TEs and RBs do what they have to do, the Patriots will have a very successful upcoming season even if Brady is not 100%.

IMO, the reason some people feel that Brady needs to come back great in order for the Patriots to be successful is that they don't remember last season. No, the Patriots didn't make the playoffs although they did go 11-5 with a back-up QB. This season, Cassell would never have been traded if the Patriots were concerned about Brady coming back and they didn't have confidence in the backup to do what Cassell did, if needed.

:lol2:
If you claim that fans questioning bradys health is wishfull thinking then guess what, the same applies to patsie fans like you who think he can pick up his game right where he left off in 07..

Deal with it!

Marino1983

Most of us do not expect him to be as good as he was in 07. If the TEAM plays as it should, I'll take Brady at less that 100%. Considering some of the key points Patriots-Lifer made about Brady at 100%, if he's only 85-90% as good as he was in 07, I'll take it. He'll still be a better NFL QB than most of the other 31 starters at 100% of their (and their team's) capabilities.

Posted: May 19, 2009
Albert Breer
Sporting News

Get ready, NFL.

Tom Brady is back. And if all the indications from this spring are correct, the new Brady should be pretty close, if not identical, to the old Brady who started the 2008 season with a clean bill of health.

According to a source close to Brady, the quarterback has "no restrictions at all" as a result of his reconstructed left knee and is "more than excited" about his progress.

Brady tore his ACL and MCL during last season's opening game and underwent reconstructive surgery Oct. 6. An infection resulted from the surgery, but the infection was quickly contained after follow-up procedures.

Brady was able to return his normal rehabilitation schedule within "10 days to two weeks" after the follow-up procedures, the source said. That means the quarterback is roughly six months into the rehab process.

"He's full go," the source said Tuesday. A second source confirmed that assessment.

Brady hasn't been shy about taking part in the club's offseason program, giving teammates a close-up look at his progress. Most Patriots players are apprehensive about shedding too much light on player injuries and rehabs, but indications have been uniformly positive.

"He comes in, he does his work and takes it home to his wife," Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss said Friday. "The only thing I can say is everybody's up there working hard and getting ready for the season."

As a matter of comparison, Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers had his knee reconstructed Jan. 23, 2008, and returned to practice on May 2, 100 days later, and played through training camp and the season without incident. Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer tore his ACL and MCL in a playoff game Jan. 10, 2006, and was ready to start training camp July 30, six months and 20 days later.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick last month said Brady had been "doing his offseason work without any limitations." Owner Robert Kraft has said Brady will wear a brace on the left knee, which is standard for players coming off this type of injury. Both Rivers and Palmer wore knee braces coming off their ailments.

Even if Brady's rehab is complete, it's hard to say he has come full circle.

There's a significant mental mountain a player has to climb in returning to game action. Authorities in sports medicine say it takes roughly two months of live action for a player to fully learn to use his new knee.

"There's no question that they're never really back 100 percent until they get behind that line, take snaps and play," said Dr. Lonnie Paulos, Palmer's surgeon. "That's where all the practice and technique comes back, and you get that razor's edge. No matter how hard you rehab, it's going to take time."

The Patriots began voluntary practices (organized team activities) this week, although a spokesman said Brady was not expected to participate Monday, Tuesday or today in the workouts earmarked for rookies and veteran newcomers. The club's mandatory full-squad minicamp will be held June 10-12, and training camp will begin in late July.

"It's been great to see him," Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker said. "He looks like the same guy to me."

No one would deny that the return of Brady adds something to a season that will begin Sept. 14 with a prime-time game against Buffalo, which will be holding its own unveiling with Terrell Owens' debut in a Bills uniform.

"Everybody's excited for Tom's return," said Moss, who set an NFL record with 23 touchdown catches in his one full season with Brady. "And what (better) way to welcome him back than a Monday Night Football game?"

Staff writer Reid Spencer contributed to this article.

I'd at least wait until full scale training camp starts to see if the knee holds up. He can look fine now but with no contact going on, this is all just fluff until the real practices begin in the summer.

A lot of hot air on both sides of this debate, especially on the national sports websites. There's no way any of us will know until the real games begin. Whether it's the slow offseason or the nature of sports, there sure do seem to be an awful lot of people who are confusing fact with opinion when it comes to Brady's recovery and how well he will play next fall.

The injury isn't the only issue with Brady. He's got a new hot wife, (not sure about you "patriots-Lifer" but that would distract me), he's been away from football for a year, and apparantly his "hot wife" is pregnant and due in, you guessed it, January. I'll go out on a limb and say he might have a focus problem. We'll know for sure in September though.

The injury isn't the only issue with Brady. He's got a new hot wife, (not sure about you "patriots-Lifer" but that would distract me), he's been away from football for a year, and apparantly his "hot wife" is pregnant and due in, you guessed it, January. I'll go out on a limb and say he might have a focus problem. We'll know for sure in September though.
He has been having that new wife for over two years now. She is no longer new. He isn't some imbecile who is incapable of concentrating on what ever task is in front of him.
BTW wives of players have babies a lot and it doesn't seem to affect the players ability to play much if at all.

Back
Top Bottom