what players are canidates to restructure their contracts or get cut? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what players are canidates to restructure their contracts or get cut?

jd13

Starter
Reaction score
there was a column by alex marvez on tim ruddy and how his contract was restuctured...he can earn back all of his money rather easily by playing in 65% of the offenses plays this year...what other players can we ask to do this?...i dont think that it should be someone with a big contract such as taylor, surtain, madison, zach...i know mare, perry and mcknight refused to do this...obviously derrick rodgers will get cut on june 1st or traded...anyone else that we can cut?...we need more money to sign sammy knight, brian griese,a veteran receiver and left tackle...

Originally posted by jd13
there was a column by alex marvez on tim ruddy and how his contract was restuctured...he can earn back all of his money rather easily by playing in 65% of the offenses plays this year...what other players can we ask to do this?...i dont think that it should be someone with a big contract such as taylor, surtain, madison, zach...i know mare, perry and mcknight refused to do this...obviously derrick rodgers will get cut on june 1st or traded...anyone else that we can cut?...we need more money to sign sammy knight, brian griese,a veteran receiver and left tackle...

You named the top 3 to restructure, McKnight, Perry, and Mare. Perhaps Fiedler could be included in this group, as well as Wade. We also need money to sign our draft picks and to sign Freeman and Ogunleye to contracts (unless they actually play for their tendered amounts this year).

If the Fins are impressed with Robinson visit,cut Mcknight.Another option will be ask Perry again to restructure and if he doesn't cut him.

I think the pick of Whitley could mean something for Perry, but I think Perry will stick around at least for this season.

McKnight already refused a incentives restructuring...he thinks he go jobbed last year with reduced playing time, being inactive, etc. & doesn't trust the FO

...read this over the summer, don't remember where...probably here :)

Perry could be cut...

other than that...I don't see much in terms of cutting salary.

if we cut mcknight to sign robinson i'd be on the first plane to miami to lynch wann-spiel.....seriously....robinson has had one good year and has been a wreck since.........and while mcknight hasn't been an all pro he has been a solid contibuter.......

we know what we're gonna get with mcknight, we don't know what we'd get from robinson......it could be anywhere from being cut to getting 1000 yards....but with our lack of depth that is way too risky a proposition.....

McKnight is getting a bad rap. He only started 9 games last year but still got 528 yards and he was exciting after the catch - he finished second in the league in YAC (yards after the catch) average with 8.3.

If you could upgrade this position that would be great but I have no problem with McKnight as the #2 or #3

Originally posted by zachseau13
McKnight is getting a bad rap. He only started 9 games last year but still got 528 yards and he was exciting after the catch - he finished second in the league in YAC (yards after the catch) average with 8.3.

If you could upgrade this position that would be great but I have no problem with McKnight as the #2 or #3

:up:

Actually, I beleive I read Perry already agreed to restructure, but the Phins didn't REALLY need the money at the time, so they decided to hold off.

I would bet if we need the money we will see something done with Perry's contract. Although, I am not sure we NEED to do anything... I think we currently have enough under the cap to sign our rookies and offer a contract to Sammy Knight... and the release of Rodgers should cover most of the space that will be needed for the contract Griese is given... as it will likely be a contract enar the minimum that is VERY heavy in incentives.

Those yards after catch are worthless if he fumbles at the end of the run. And they are also overshadowed when he drops the big catches. Both of these could be fixed though, if he is willing to work hard , I say give him one more chance at the #3. He does have the speed .

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2
Those yards after catch are worthless if he fumbles at the end of the run. And they are also overshadowed when he drops the big catches. Both of these could be fixed though, if he is willing to work hard , I say give him one more chance at the #3. He does have the speed .

Been on vacation lately? Here's a quote from Wannstedt's post draft press conference. According to the coaches McKnight is the #1 WR.

(On if anything has changed with the perception of James McKnight) “To be honest with ourselves, James McKnight probably played the best of any receiver that we had on our team last year. Everybody has the drop in the playoff game and the drop here, but when he came back and played last year, he played more consistent than any receiver we had. And you have got to give the guy credit. Tomorrow morning, the first guy in that door will be James McKnight. He is battling and it is going to get competitive and he is going to meet the challenge.â€Â

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2

Worthless is certainly an overstatement. I recall a catch against San Diego that was far from worthless

"McKnight turned a short pass into a 77-yard gain - the Dolphins' longest play since 1993 - in the third quarter. He caught the ball as he fell, then got up as he was hit by cornerback Alex Molden and sprinted down the sideline to the San Diego 5, setting up Mare's third field goal of the game.

"That was the worst pass for 77 yards in the history of the game and I will take it twice on Sunday," Lucas said."

Back
Top Bottom