What plays should be eliminated from our OFF Playbook? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What plays should be eliminated from our OFF Playbook?

NYPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Over the past few years...anyone who has watched most of the games...have seen some plays that make you scream...and more than once...here are a few of them for me..
1.This year alone...I have counted 4 times we have rushed up to the line of scrimmage...after we have run a play...especially on 3rd and short...to try to get a jump on the DEF...and every time...all 4 times...one of our OL have jumped the gun...4 times!!..Todd Wade the latest
2.The running play where Ricky is the sole back...and he is set deep in the backfield..and gets the handoff...and is almost tackled before he even gets the ball by the 2 outside def players lined up outside of our tackles...seen this run for neg yardage more than I can count
Just 2 of some of the many that drive me crazy....anyone else got any????

Well I'll give a response:

Wann and our coaches have a horrible gameplan as they let it be known. Their stragedy is to run consecutive plays that they know full well will not gain yardage. Why you may ask? Because they "believe" it will throw the defense off once they run that "surprise" play. For example: you'll notice they run, sweep, run, run, until finally they break out with a more unique and risky play-call. However, in actuality their only limiting their opportunities for a successful play. If you noticed the Pats had a wide array of various plays used in ALL downs. The Pats played more agressively and thus won the game. In Dallas, we were more aggressive and thus won the game. The Fins simply got outcoached in this game, the defense seemed to know EXACTLY where the ball would be going, and their stats are prove of that.

I think the ones where nobody blocks the blitzers/rushers...

that would give us some addition by subtraction. :lol:

But I'd have to say I was looking on Sunday for some more plays rather than less. I was screaming for a reverse just to see if it might work, nothing else was working.

a reverse was not going to work, the patriots rolled up corners and put out linebackers to prevent any bootlegs and any bounces to the outside by ricky.

In weather conditions like that you cannot get fancy. As for that play you described, you got to remember that every single play except the neal down is designed to work. It is just poor execution.

Originally posted by NYPhinFan
Over the past few years...anyone who has watched most of the games...have seen some plays that make you scream...and more than once...here are a few of them for me..
1.This year alone...I have counted 4 times we have rushed up to the line of scrimmage...after we have run a play...especially on 3rd and short...to try to get a jump on the DEF...and every time...all 4 times...one of our OL have jumped the gun...4 times!!..Todd Wade the latest
2.The running play where Ricky is the sole back...and he is set deep in the backfield..and gets the handoff...and is almost tackled before he even gets the ball by the 2 outside def players lined up outside of our tackles...seen this run for neg yardage more than I can count
Just 2 of some of the many that drive me crazy....anyone else got any????

I wouldn't deduct anything rather add to it.

We have no surprise effect. Where are the flea flickers? Where are the faked punts and FGs (did you see the Rams yesterday and NE Sunday)?

No surprise element. If you offense does not get going you have to do things which are not a regular part of the playbook. Other teams do it...but not us.

I'd take out the plays where the O-line looks like they aren't even trying. (Nevermind, that's too many plays.)

Back
Top Bottom