What position is Miami's DIRE NEED in draft? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What position is Miami's DIRE NEED in draft?

Positions

• FS

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • LB

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Interior DL

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • RB

Votes: 27 65.9%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters
There is only two options with our first pick and that is you either draft a RB or you go with a defensive player. We already drafted our QB by giving up our 2nd rounder for AJ Feeley. Plus Feeley has just as much potential and intagibles that either Rodgers or Smith have. Give Feeley a quality RB, oline, and a worthwhile playbook he will prove all you Feeley haters wrong. Draft a RB or the best available defensive player, as I see it as Brown or Johnson.

Its undoubtedly DT.

- 32 ranked in run d last year
- Timbo and Chester coming back off major injuries. Timbo's still hurting and with a very bad back. I wouldnt be at all surprised if hes never the same or even retired during camp if it gets worse.
- Carter is good and can play inside or Out but apparently we're using him at DE.
- Holliday stunk for KC; a team that gave him every opportunity to succeed.

We need to add more DL depth and become a team that will not be pushed around up front. I know this will have its opposition because its not a glamour spot like wr or qb but you dont win when you cant stop the run. Ask Indy or KC.

i cant wait to see how stockar mcdougle plays.,, he is huge, i think he might be the fattest lineman we ever had

newlownorder said:
I'm going with RB and I'll give you my reason why.

Our 2003/2004 season we had Ricky Williams a great RB, we had a lousy O-line, no depth at WR and Jay Fiedler at QB, we almost made the playoffs.

Our 2004/2005 season we don't have Ricky Williams and we have basically 3rd string RB's and practice squad RB's as our starters, we still have a lousy O-line, more depth at WR due to Booker and Jay Fiedler and AJ Feeley at QB, we have the 2nd pick overall in the draft.

This year we actually got coaching on the offensive side that know what they are doing, much better than last year, we did make some slight changes to our O-line ex. McDougle. Our depth at WR is basically the same. We have Gus Ferotte and AJ Feeley at QB, imo Ferotte is actually an upgrade from Fiedler plus he knows the new playbook. I hate to do this but look at San Deigo, they passed on Vick aka Mexico and traded down and took LT. It shows that you can build your team around your RB to open up the passing game. I'm not saying Vick is any better or worse than LT but I think it shows that you can build your team around a RB or QB on the offensive side. Also look at some teams that have gone to the Super Bowl. Carolina had great RB's and a great D and a decent QB. Baltimore had a great RB, great D and an ok QB. We have a great D, and decent QB and with a power stud RB we have potential to be great.

Where are you going with this. if you look back at San Diego's draft the year that they got LT they got Brees also with that draft. me personally I think Vick is too one dimensional. Me personally I would rather have brees.

And you point to what we currently have for players offensively.

Well at receiver I think we can have ok receivers for now. In booker and Chambers. This is a deep draft for backs. So i think we can grab one in a latter round. The offensive line has kind of been addressed with a new line coach and another player. So with that I think we are still weak at Qb.
This would be a perfect time to get one. We have a low pick. The Qb's we currently have are not all that great. having a stud back isn't going to change much if you can't spread the field. It didn't happen for us with Ricky and it will not change with any of the 3 backs that many like here.

We will be too easy to plan for if all we do is plan to run like Wanny did with Ricky. I want a Qb that can spread the defense a little. So that are running backs can have some success.

JohnDolphin73 said:
There is only two options with our first pick and that is you either draft a RB or you go with a defensive player. We already drafted our QB by giving up our 2nd rounder for AJ Feeley. Plus Feeley has just as much potential and intagibles that either Rodgers or Smith have. Give Feeley a quality RB, oline, and a worthwhile playbook he will prove all you Feeley haters wrong. Draft a RB or the best available defensive player, as I see it as Brown or Johnson.

How would the decisions made by a previous regime impact Saban's draft day decisions in any way? The fact we foolishly gave up a 2nd for Feeley is likely not in Saban's decision-making process at all.

As for potential, Rodgers and Smith are 21 and 20 respectively. All they have is potential. Feeley will be 28...he's at an age where he is expected to perform. Guess what? He is performing worse than any starting QB in the league. His only 300 yard game was the same game where he threw 5 int's (one being returned for a TD by a DT).

The only games he was halfway decent in was vs. NE and Cleveland. Many hang their Feeley hats on these games stating he showed improvement. Versus NE he threw 35 times for 198 yards (5.56 yards per attempt). Versus Cleveland he threw 43 times for 176 yards (4.09). Both performances were well below what is expected of a starting QB in this league. The only thing was that he didn't cost us the games by throwing debilitating int's. If you guys consider improvement as going from clearly costing us games to not costing us games, then you have a different view of what's required from a QB than I.

At some point in time, the excuses will have to stop and reality will have to set in.

We need a RB, WR, FS, CB, QB

Edwards/Williams- WR
Arrington/Fason/Barber III- RB
Bullocks- FS
Bartrell- CB
McPherson/Campbell/Walter- QB

Back
Top Bottom