What position is your BIGGEST concern thus far? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What position is your BIGGEST concern thus far?

If JT is so over-rated, then why wasn't he in the Pro Bowl last year?? His solo tackles were up compared to the last few seasons, he proved people wrong by showing that he can play the run as well as pass rushing. JT in the Pro Bowl in 2003!!

My biggest concern right now is larry Chester and Brock marion. im hoping chester is just trying to get by the preseason and just hold his guy up a the line and do nothing else. as for Brock marion, he has worked with these DB's for how many years? he has been the worst starter this preseason.
As far as LT im not worried unless Dixon goes down. i still think spriggs can play once healthy. I am really not at all that worried about the Oline. i think people have read too many articles and read into too much BS. I like our depth on hte line too but the biggest worry as far as the oline is the nicks and injuries to alot of our guys.
Spriggs
Wade
Dixon
Searcy

Rob Burnett is another guy i am wondering about. until i see the guy, i will just think that Ogun and Bowens are the guys.

Originally posted by Phinstd
If you think Wooden is a solid dime back you need to think again.

A dime back will be covering a WR in a 5 receiver set. Think Woodne can do that? I don't.

What I said was isn't Freeman the dime back and Wooden comming in as a safety. In that situation yes Wooden will do more than a good job. He has two good solid picks this pre season. Who do you think should be the dime back, Ray Green or someone else behind him??? No doubt we need experienced DB depth.

Could you please?

... expand on your Fletcher concerns? Because I haven't seen anything to date that has concerned me with him.

Oliver...

Originally posted by WCoastFin
....I forgot to add my 2nd a 3rd concerns....

2nd concern....another CB I think J.Fletcher should be our 4th CB

last but not least......another LB at least a solid back up who can come in and play as a starter if he had to.

Our secondary play...

... Marion and Surtain have been beaten way too many times for me not to be concerned about the secondary play.

Oliver...

I would have to say O-Line......These guys played great against the texans , but, they were the TEXANS.....I dont think they will hold up 16 games the way they did in that game :(

I hope they go after some O-lineman.......and I hope our Lineman prov me wrong;)

Bro, you aint got to jump on my case for that...that was just my opinion....JT is JT....A solid DE...I never said he sucks or anything like that, he just hasnt convinced me he can have another great year... a good year maybe, but not a great year.....(Which I HOPE he proves me wrong)....and I also think hes a little bit overrated.....But he can play the position...and I wouldnt be surprised if he gets the job done.;)

jump on your case????!!!????

Mine is D-line. My reasoning is that I think we have enough bodies, quality and guys who have done it to make it a go on O-line. D-line is a concern because we need a pass rush and I think the production in regular season from Chester and the cluster of players vying for the spot opposite of JT is a big question right now.

Not so much depth on O-Line

Originally posted by DNY
My reasoning is that I think we have enough bodies, quality and guys who have done it to make it a go on O-line. .

Here's the depth chart for LOT and LG:

LOT: Mark Dixon

LG: Jamie Nails

Thats it. One guy in each position.

Originally posted by Phinstd
McKinney has been a solid backup don't you think?

He's a rookie,,that comes along with the rookie growing pains..I think he'll be really good next year...Just needs this year to grow..Center is the center of the line and makes most of the calls..He's only seem vanilla defenses in preseason..he has to see some real D's during the year..

Other DB:

this was asked of Alex.

Q: Why are the Dolphins actively trying to trade for another cornerback if they're pleased with Jamar Fletcher? Also, is there any truth to the rumor that the Dolphins are interested in trading for [Eagles defensive back] Al Harris? Brian, Syracuse, New York

A: Fletcher has been inconsistent throughout the preseason. The Dolphins would be interested in acquiring a Terry Cousin-type corner that would be good enough to play the nickel if Fletcher should struggle. From what I understand, the Eagles aren't going to trade Harris.

Originally posted by chambers84
If JT is so over-rated, then why wasn't he in the Pro Bowl last year?? His solo tackles were up compared to the last few seasons, he proved people wrong by showing that he can play the run as well as pass rushing. JT in the Pro Bowl in 2003!!

Do you know who sends players to the Probowl? Yup, thats right you me and all the other votes....stats dont mean anything when it comes to Pro-Bowls......I never said he is SO overrated...but I do think hes a little overrated by us finfans....I am not hating on JT, I would love to see him have a break out season....and like you said make the ProBowl in 2003...

Back
Top Bottom