What pre-draft move(s) do you predict the Dolphins will make? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What pre-draft move(s) do you predict the Dolphins will make?

bdizzle00

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
We need to do a few things in order to position ourselves cap wise to sign our rookie class. What move or moves do you see us making leading up to the draft to get to where we need to be?

We will end up trading one of the recievers currently on the roster before or during the draft
My guess is Grant

I could definitely see him or Wilson get traded or cut. I wonder if either of them have late round trade value? Is Hurns still on the roster? If so, he's another one that could go.

According to an article I read in the Miami Herald, the Dolphins don't need to do anything, until June or begin signing their draft picks.

That may be true, but at some point they are going to have to make a couple roster moves. I would imagine pre-draft is probably the better time to make a minor trade or 2 if that is their intent to get to where they need to be. If they wait until after the draft, the moves will more likely be cuts than trades.

That may be true, but at some point they are going to have to make a couple roster moves. I would imagine pre-draft is probably the better time to make a minor trade or 2 if that is their intent to get to where they need to be. If they wait until after the draft, the moves will more likely be cuts than trades.

Like was said above nothing will be done. Now if we draft a running or 2 wide receivers than we will cut someone

I still say Grant to the Cardinals, he was a stud at Texas Tech in Kingsbury's offense, for a late draft pick makes sense for everyone. At worse the Cardinals add a decent returner and Miami sheds a contract and player they no longer need. Arizona doesn't have many picks to play with so it might have to be Grant for a late 2022 pick, but from Miami's perspective it would still be goal accomplished. The way defenses break down due to Kyler Murray's running ability it could result in Grant being able to do so damage on busted plays in open field. If Grant landed in Arizona I would expect him to have a career season in 2021. Not saying he would be great, but better than what Miami was able to get out of him as a receiver.

Last edited:
I still say Grant to the Cardinals, he was a stud at Texas Tech in Kingsbury's offense, for a lat draft pick makes sense for everyone. At worse the Cardinals add a decent returner and Miami sheds a contract and player they no longer need.
Almost makes to much sense

I am not saying I want this, however, trading X Howard gives them almost all the cap they need for rookies.

My guess is Grant and Wilson will be traded or attempted to be traded on draft day.

I wonder what else
The Giants would need for a trade? 18/Wilson or Grant and?

Oh McCain as well.

If no draft trades Mccain/Grant and Wilson are most likely gone.

Baker extension creating cap relief

Back
Top Bottom