"i think getting a 7th for Sage totally sucks ... he has loads of potential"

"no way it was a 7th round pick ... had to be at least a 3rd"

"one of the worst trades i've ever seen the skins make"

"this could come back to bite spurrier in the ***"

"a 7th??!! ... Good Lord!! ... amazingly little"

"dumber than dumb"

"a terrible trade to get a 7th"

"Norv will make Sage a superstar"

"we'll be damned!! ... he was looking real good ... has strong work ethic ... good scrambler and powerful passing arm"

"good luck sage , and best wishes"

"you have got to be kidding!!"

"we gave away a possible starter for a 7th??!!"

"Dolphins got a steal ... poor decision by Skins"

"we shouldn't have drafted Ramsey and groomed Sage"

"horrible trade ... Sage showed all the tools to be successful"

"completely and totally unbelievable"

"Sage has shown more physical tools than weuerfel and mathews combined"

"Miami is clearly the winner in this trade"

"Sage is gonna be a superstar"

"when Sage makes his first pro bowl appearance in the next 2 years, everyone will realize the stupidity of this trade"

all i can say is

WoW!!

and i hope they're right

I get the sam impression... the redskin smack talkers on tthe sportsnutz board are uncharacteristically quiet about this.... I ragged on them for weeks about Gardener... especially now that he's been complaining about his back already.. they would love the opportunity of doggin me for Miami getting Sage, if they had doubts about his ability...their silence speaks volumes!

I'm pretty sure he got those from the Washington Post Message Board. I was just there reading what they had to say. 289 posts on the Rosenfels trade and there was maybe 1 post that had something bad to say about Sage.

They've also had some bad things to say about Fiedler and Miami's offense in general, just basing it off of those 2 preseason games last week. A few of them think Sage may wind up starting for Miami this season because our other QBs are horrible. Here's a link:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/wpsports/start

Originally posted by craps
"i think getting a 7th for Sage totally sucks ... he has loads of potential"

"no way it was a 7th round pick ... had to be at least a 3rd"

"one of the worst trades i've ever seen the skins make"

"this could come back to bite spurrier in the ***"

"a 7th??!! ... Good Lord!! ... amazingly little"

"dumber than dumb"

"a terrible trade to get a 7th"

"Norv will make Sage a superstar"

"we'll be damned!! ... he was looking real good ... has strong work ethic ... good scrambler and powerful passing arm"

"good luck sage , and best wishes"

"you have got to be kidding!!"

"we gave away a possible starter for a 7th??!!"

"Dolphins got a steal ... poor decision by Skins"

"we shouldn't have drafted Ramsey and groomed Sage"

"horrible trade ... Sage showed all the tools to be successful"

"completely and totally unbelievable"

"Sage has shown more physical tools than weuerfel and mathews combined"

"Miami is clearly the winner in this trade"

"Sage is gonna be a superstar"

"when Sage makes his first pro bowl appearance in the next 2 years, everyone will realize the stupidity of this trade"

all i can say is

WoW!!

and i hope they're right

It just hit me who wrote this post. Where have you been Mac? You have been missed by everyone at SFST. Give us a holler sometime.

I'm telling you guys, I was shocked by this trade, especially only for a 7th..Sage was having a great preseason..He started the first game, played the 2nd half of the second game and brought the Skins back from behind to win the game..and he played great in the 3rd game...I'm totally mystified by only a 7th. I quess they knew they were going to waive him and might as well get something for him now. We have a great 3rd QB when he catches on the O. I watch all their preseason games since I live in Maryland and was very impressed with him.

I watched the first preaseason game against San Fran and I was very impressed with Sage. The first drive you could tell he was overly nervous, but after the pick he rebounded like a champ. I think it is obvious he has the arm and athleticsism to make an impact in this league, but right know he is raw, and it will all come down to his work ethic and how he responds to Norv.

Kinda makes you wonder if he IS going to cost us a fifth rounder.....nah, Jay would have to die in a plane crash before Dave changes starting QBs.;)

To be honest, I had no idea who this guys was when we got him. Glad to hear that he is well thought of though.

Sage

I live in Iowa and have watched him play several times. I myself am a Hawkeye fan, but Sage always impressed me. He is big and throws a very solid ball. Iowa State didn't throw the deep ball often since they run the ball so much, but Sage was tough on the 15 yard out patterns and timing routes. I was hoping Miami would draft him late a couple of years ago. I am not even implying that he is anywhere near Warner. God he was fun to watch when he was with the Barnstormers but Sage isn't a scrub either. Nice thing about him too is he can take a hit and I don't think he ever got hurt either.

The quarterback to watch now from Iowa State is Seneca Wallace. This man is an absolute stud. Not real big but man does he have an arm, can scramble and throw on the run. I really think he can give Florida State problems. Only problem he will have is his supporting cast isn't the greatest.

Gettin Sage is a good thing!! Isn't like we would get anything better with that pick. Still shocked Washington gave up on him. Must be a Florida thing with Spurrior, hopefully Norv can make SS regret this trade.

Re: Sage

Originally posted by IAFINFAN
Gettin Sage is a good thing!! Isn't like we would get anything better with that pick. Still shocked Washington gave up on him. Must be a Florida thing with Spurrior, hopefully Norv can make SS regret this trade.

I think that Spurrier felt he had to do something, he had 4QBs, any of whom could have started.... but he can't keep them all. He seems to favor Wuerfull, and also likes Matthews, and he probably feels he couldn't justify waiving Ramsey, as he was the first round pick... hand picked by the owner... even though he did hold out, and miss most of camp.
Also, Sage is the only one that Spurrier didn't bring in (or have a hand in bringing in) himself.... so rather than waive him, and let someone else get him for nothing, he figured he'd get something out of him...

If he is not as good as Wuerfull or Matthews, then he is probably worth about what we got him for. If anyone can judge QB talent, its Spurrier. I saw him in preseason and he did not impress.

That was my first thought too, but then again if their is anybody that is more impressed with his own opinion than Spurrier, I'd like to know who that is. Spurrier is the type that would keep Wuerffel and Matthews just for spite, in hopes of giving a big "I told you so" to the rest of the league if he can actually get them to play well on the pro level. Trust me....he's that selfish.

did all of those quoates come from the same guy? j/k.

Redskins did a smart move, they had no room for him, simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom