What should the first move be by the Dolphins' new GM (once hired) ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What should the first move be by the Dolphins' new GM (once hired) ?

What should the first move be by the Dolphins' new GM (once hired) ?

• Fire coach Dave Wannstedt

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Get rid of quarterback Jay Fiedler

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Bolster the offensive line

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • Release Junior Seau

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sign a wide receiver

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well the most pressing need of all is to get F-ing Wanny out of here!!!...If he cant then we go O-line or QB!!...They are all pressing needs to eliminate!!!!

There is NO REASON to let Jr go. He will restrucure if needed and he brings a presence to the run D in particular.

Firing Wannstedt nowwould be ridiculous, not to mention awkward and cruel (no matter what you think of what he's done here).

You can't release Fiedler until you hbave a replacement in place.

O-Line is far and away our biggest need.

Jr. had an exceptional year and doesn't belong as one of the choices. If you said something about the Madison cap hit that would have been more on the money IMO.

Fire Wannstedt (although it won't happen until after next season) and then bolster the offensive line.

I don't know why the people at PBI put releasing Seau on there. He was a huge improvement over Rodgers.

this is a easy answer he should get a new qb and get rid of feilder, i mean feidler did say that if he didnt staqrt in miami he would start somewhere else , i say let him go and prove him wrong

Jr is only on the poll (I assume) because he make so much for someone only in on 3/4 of our plays on D.

any QB stuck behind our line from last year would have many problems and not perform to potential. This is true for above-average QB's like Fiedler as well as the great ones like Manning/McNair (or whoever you want to stick in the current best QB list).

First thing to improve....O-line. It needs upgrades at a couple key spots. Then a #2 receiver, then QB. If the Oline blocks better, it gives even avg. QBs another 1-2 seconds to throw, more time to look, more time to adjust. Better Oline also means better holes for Ricky. #2 receiver makes opposing D's respect our passing game more (that along with more completions behind a stronger Oline) and that, in turn, leads to Ricky running better without the box being stacked with 8 players, and pushes linebackers and the free safety back some (looking for slant passes or passes in general) allowing Ricky to run more. QB.....get a better one if we can, but only after upgrading the Oline and then finding a #2 receiver.

I fail to see how everyone doesn't realize how CLOSE we were to having a 12-4, 13-3 or better season....and then some (SB dreams). Even with our current crappy Oline and NO solid #2 go-to guy....we pulled 10 wins, and lost by a hair on 2 others. Even SLIGHTLY upgrading the line and #2 WR would have closed that hair gap for those 2 wins.....let alone putting some serious thought into upgrading the oline and WR. If we don't get those 2 things fixed.....I don't care what QB you put in, or what coach you have calling the plays (btw, again I challenge someone to show me where DW cost more games then the players screwing up) we will not improve.

Get off the kill DW and throw JF out. Although we may want to, there are 2 bigger problems staring at us right in our face....but yet personal emotions, hatred, or "focus" or whatever seems to only be on immediately getting rid of the coach and QB just because they're the most visible.

I fail to see how a couple of offseason moves can't put us to where we want to be next year.

right there with you bond, been saying similar things all along. I support the decision to retain wannstedt, especially when you consider the alternatives and all the talk that spurrier may have been the one to replace him... as for fiedler, i say get rid of him simply because i think brunell is a big upgrade for the type of offense we run and fiedler is too expensive to keep as a backup.

So get rid of fiedler, sign brunell... draft losman or rivers (green bay wants him in the first round, but we pick before them, hopefully they wont trade up and if wolf is our consultant he wont pass him up.)

I chose to release Fiedler I would have chosen Fire Wanny but they already signed him to a contract. I dont think the new GM would have the cahones to do that. That would kind of mean.

I am willing to give DW a chance this season, as long as his sole focus is coaching the team. I think if he just has to worry only abot the team we can win these close games that we haven't been able. I hope the teams first concern is working with getting the O-line up to par. If we do that, I see Ricky getting more yards per carry, and the QB postion playing better taking some of the load of RW

Thanks Dolphins17-0......hey if we can get Brunell for the same as what we would owe to Fiedler.....I'm all for it. That would be a good upgrade, although not a HUGE/DRASTIC upgrade. Any upgrade here or there will make our O more potent as a whole.

No reason not to look at the QB but I think people's focus should be on Oline, WR, then QB. If we can take care of all 3....as Tony the Tiger says.....GRRREEATTT! I guess I'm tired of the DW/JF bashing (not that I love them) when I realize that we have bigger problems then that.

Back
Top Bottom