What team had the best O-line ever? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What team had the best O-line ever?

Cowboys of the early 90's, Redskins of the earlier 90's and 49ers of the late eighty's I think. The best line today is the KC Chiefs its no wonder Priest runs wild.

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
also the Broncos' line in their SB run needs an honorable mention!

Given their propensity for questionable blocking tactics I would make that a dishonorable mention.

Those Redskin teams with the Hogs were awesome. Like the Cowboys lines, anyone could rack up yards behind them, they were big, but quick and very brutal. Good in the passing and running game.

Broncos and 9ers both used too many questionable tactics.

The Bills late mid-70's line was stout.
Ditto the Steelers.

Also surprising is no mention of the Shell/Upshaw Raiders lines. Absolutely dominant. Powerful run blockers, and could hold long blocks for Lamonica to throw the DEEP ball.

Phins have had some great ones, but for the most part they were more one-dimensional (sometimes pass, sometimes run) than these more phenomonal lines.

I agree with the cowboys(i'm biased), and the Hogs of the 'skins, but I think Riggins had a lot to do with that, more so than Emmitt w/ the 'boys. As far as most entertaining, i loved the old cowboys when the O-Line collectively stood up to try to confuse the defense

I did mention the Raiders line when I first started the thread.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
I did mention the Raiders line when I first started the thread.

Ozzy rules!!

and so you did .... missed it -- was overwhelmed by the Bills fans memory of the Pokes lines and subsequent praise.

I do remember the hogs and how good they were. And every time we talk about the draft and the players that didn't get drafted, I always use Joe Jacoby as an example cos he wasn't even drafted when there used to be 12 rounds and he got to be an all pro.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
I do remember the hogs and how good they were. And every time we talk about the draft and the players that didn't get drafted, I always use Joe Jacoby as an example cos he wasn't even drafted when there used to be 12 rounds and he got to be an all pro.

Ozzy rules!!

Hey i'm going to ozzfest again this year, and Jacoby and Russ grimm were king hogs

I'm going too, agu-28 in west palm beach. Now I just wish Iron Maiden would come to florida.

Ozzy rules!!

60's- Packer's
70's- Steeler's
80's - Skin's
90's- Cowboy's

honorable mentions :
60's Cowboys
70's- Phins
80's- 49er's

Back
Top Bottom