What the Alex Smith Deal Means for Miami... | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the Alex Smith Deal Means for Miami...

I understand that the record is the teams. Was just expanding on the content. That interception in Denver cost us the game. Game isn't over on the road in 3rd quarter. You have to keep scoring. Smith had no such mistakes in any of the games I listed other than Houston playoff win.

The pass went off Landry's hands. I think you meant to say that no KC receivers many any such mistakes in any of the games. Tannehill played his ass off in that game. The defense's inability to do anything was the reason the Dolphins lost that game. The Broncos scored on 6 of 8 drives (should have been 7 of 8 due to a missed FG). They had drives of 12, 11, 8, 13, 9, and 11 plays. Give me a break with the Tanneblaming.

I also think this trade will have a huge effect on the QB-Draft-situation. Chiefs and Redskins have their QB.The Vikings have three potential starters, they´ll re-sign only two. Foles will - especially if he wins the Super Bowl - be included in another trade, too. Bortles will stay at Jacksonville. So there are two/three Candidates for three franchises - Cleveland, Denver and Arizona. Giants (Eli M.) and Jets (McCown) will pick a rookie-QB behind their veteran, Denver will go for Cousins amd Cleveland will trade with Philly for Foles. So Arizona has to trade in favor to get the pick in front of the Phins if they are not interested in Bradford (who I wouldn´t resign if i were the Vikings). Hopefully, the Raiders trade down with Arizona, so Miami has the chance to draft Roquan Smith or Marcus Davenport. Then the Phins can get their BU-QB later ^^

The pass went off Landry's hands. I think you meant to say that no KC receivers many any such mistakes in any of the games. Tannehill played his *** off in that game. The defense's inability to do anything was the reason the Dolphins lost that game. The Broncos scored on 6 of 8 drives (should have been 7 of 8 due to a missed FG). They had drives of 12, 11, 8, 13, 9, and 11 plays. Give me a break with the Tanneblaming.

He should have willed us to victory.

I'm in Denver and, unsurpringly, have lots of friends that are Broncos fans. Many thought I was crazy for calling Tannehill a legit QB to build around i.e franchise QB. Of course, most of them had never really seen him play. After that game, most of them were grudging fans of Tannehill.

Are we really clamoring for Kirk Cousins on here? How many wasted years would that amount too? We need to give Gase and Ryan another year. I don’t even want to draft one of these QB’s either.

I am not a Cousins fan and do believe the skins upgraded. I’d take Alex Smith over Cousins. Can anyone picture Cousins beating the Patriots? I can’t!

I guess that's a matter of opinion. I see Tannehill as someone we haven't found his ceiling yet. It could be 2016 before his injury, or it could be higher, we don't know yet. Alex Smith's ceiling is first round playoff exit. I see those as significantly different situations.

Alex Smith's ceiling to date has actually been losing in overtime in the NFCCG.

Pretty sure that when the 49ers beat the Saints in the divisional round in 2011, and Smith was responsible for four touchdowns, including a game winning TD pass with 14 seconds to play, he proved that his ceiling is higher than a first round playoff exit.

I don't mean to turn this thread into a debate on the merits of Alex Smith as a playoff quarterback, but I think perhaps Andy Reid shares more blame for Kansas City's playoff collapses than any one player on his football team.

Because they had a much more difficult schedule. But you already know this lol.
No fair getting off the #QBwinz position just because it is a QB other than Tannehill.....

"Can't beat the good teams" is one of the sticks you beat Tannehill with.

Wrong! - What you don't understand is that the Redskins have unsuccessfully tried to negotiate a long term deal with Kirk Cousins for over the past 3 years and he (and his agent) have said no to everything and tied up the Redskins with successive franchise tags. Washington now have a decent QB in Alex Smith locked up for the next 4 years - that is what they have won. They can now go about the process of professionally planning for the future without being held hostage by a mercenary QB and his agent. I predict the Redskins will improve. I support Washington's decision 100%. Cousins is good but way overrated.

Not just wrong but BAD. Absolute garbage of a post.

Kansas City made it perfectly clear that Alex Smith can't win, with a loaded roster. If your keeping score, that's 2 franchises that pushed Smith out the door.

Go support Washington and their talent-less roster.

The Cleveland Browns will have more wins than the Washington Redskins in 2018.

I'll take that bet. How much?

Alex Smith doesn't play defense.

Alex Smith's ceiling to date has actually been losing in overtime in the NFCCG.

Pretty sure that when the 49ers beat the Saints in the divisional round in 2011, and Smith was responsible for four touchdowns, including a game winning TD pass with 14 seconds to play, he proved that his ceiling is higher than a first round playoff exit.

I don't mean to turn this thread into a debate on the merits of Alex Smith as a playoff quarterback, but I think perhaps Andy Reid shares more blame for Kansas City's playoff collapses than any one player on his football team.
KC will regret that trade IMO... In today's NFL, when you have that QB situation, you leave it alone...

Ryan Tannehill beat the Patriots in 2013, 2014 and 2015.

I am curious to know how many QB's have played Tom Brady at least times and have a better winning % than RT's .333. 3-6 never looked so good.

Tannehill has played some good games against New England and was robbed of the opportunity of taking 4 straight against NE at home in 2016.

I am sure Bill Belichek would love to see Miami start over with a new QB.

Edit: Tannehill is actualy 3-5 (.375%) vs Tom Brady. Forgot Garapolo started the first game in 2016. That was a rough start for the whole team but Tannehill almost brought them all the way back in that game.

Last edited:
KC will regret that trade IMO... In today's NFL, when you have that QB situation, you leave it alone...

You move on from QB when you realize he can't get you to where you want to go.

Alex Smith never had an arm that scared a defense, he had to be pin point accurate. And to his credit at times he really was. Never consistently, never against elite teams and never in the playoffs. The dude has played like 11 seasons and doesn't have a signature win playing the bulk of his career on good teams.

San Fran went to the super bowl without him and only fell apart when they lost Kaepernick, not Smith.

Ryan Tannehill beat the Patriots in 2013, 2014 and 2015.

I am curious to know how many QB's have played Tom Brady at least times and have a better winning % than RT's .333. 3-6 never looked so good.

Tannehill has played some good games against New England and was robbed of the opportunity of taking 4 straight against NE at home in 2016.

I am sure Bill Belichek would love to see Miami start over with a new QB.

Tannehill has played well against the Patriots at HOME. In Foxboro he hasn't been able to play a complete game. I just mark that up as a loss every year.

The dude has played like 11 seasons and doesn't have a signature win playing the bulk of his career on good teams.

Beating the World Champs to open the season on the road isn't a signature win? Since the change to the format of champs starting the season on Thursday in 2004 the Champ has won every time except this year.

Tannehill has played well against the Patriots at HOME. In Foxboro he hasn't been able to play a complete game. I just mark that up as a loss every year.

You say that like other teams in are in that boat with us. Are our standards so high that we don't realize a consistent split with NE is a plus?

Tannehill certainly hasn't had a complete game up there yet but he's been able to do some solid work in spurts. We had a 17-3 lead at halftime in 2013 and were only down 14-13 in 2014. Some outrageous offensive outbursts and costly turnover sank any chance we had of finishing those games. But we had a chance.

2015 was a massacre from the start.

After Jimmy Garapolo exploded in that first half in 2016, Tannehill damn near brought us back losing 31-24. I think we were down 21-0 early in the 2nd quarter.

Tannehill's had way to many INT's but as a team we weren't equipped to go in there expecting to win shootouts.

I am curious to know what our rushing output has been up there.

Back
Top Bottom