What the Dolphins should do if they want to make the playoffs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the Dolphins should do if they want to make the playoffs

Which of these options will help improve the Dolphins?

• Have the O-line practice with the starting D-line

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Replace Derrius Thompson with Kendall Newson

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Stick with Griese and don't pull Fiedler back in so soon

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Give Griese some gloves to hold onto the ball

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Get no more injuries

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Reaction score
First is the most important, work the O-linemen with our defensive line to protect an immobile tackling dummy. I'm pretty sure Jason Taylor and Adewale Ogunleye can give the O-line a better impression of real NFL defenses than the practice or reserve squads can. Plus, gives em more time to learn and get better. Put in that new guy Brad Bidell if necessary. If the O-line can eventually practice enough to actually mimimize JT and Wale, they'll be ready for anything.

Second, the coaches need to bench DT for Kendall Newson, I mean, 2 great catches for 55 yards, more than any other Dolphin WR's average. Otherwise it's all Randy and Chambers.

Third, if the O-line can play better, keep Griese in and let Jay rest. Coming in at the last couple of games early cost us the Min and NE games. I think Griese will have a good game if the O-line is reasonably sound. Since Griese is evidently better than Lucas (who ironically will be playing for the ravens), keep him in.

Fourth, if Griese will still be under lots of pressure, ask him to wear some gloves, maybe that will help get a better grip on the ball.

Fifth, hope there's no more injuries.

If the Dolphins can do this, I'm very certain they will make the playoffs if not challenge NE.

Write In:

Play the game of football with HEART

Yeah, I want to see somebody run somebody over.....listening rob, and ricky?

The defense for the most part is very intense........we need an attitude on offense......and I really like Tim Ruddy, he has been good for a long time, but if putting Seth in adds attitude to our line, then great!!

Do you remember the sidelines in the buffalo game? Todd Wade screamed over to Wise and said: "Let's keep kicking their ***!!!!"

In the 4th quarter Takeo Spikes was talking trash, and Jaime Nails shouted at him: "Do you have any teeth left?, cuz we gonna knock the rest out."

Somehow I don't think that attitude has been around these last few weeks.

That playing with heart should apply more to the defense, they need to go back to the dominance of earlier games. Hopefully Nails can play a little better, like last year's near-Pro Bowl performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone think that Brad Bidell will crack the lineup? Won't be hard but if he can block decently, he should be in.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Write In:

Play the game of football with HEART
Exactly
Win your 3 remaining road games, and you'll not only be in the playoffs, but you'll have the monkey off your back. (assuming you beat the Jets and Eagles)

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

Exactly
Win your 3 remaining road games, and you'll not only be in the playoffs, but you'll have the monkey off your back. (assuming you beat the Jets and Eagles)

I don't think road games are the concern, we can't even win home games

does the starting o-line not already practice with the starting D-line? doesnt make sense to me...

I'm pretty sure the starting O-line practices with the practice squad while D-line practices with the backup/practice squads, otherwise the purpose of a practice squad is moot.

Originally posted by Regan21286

I don't think road games are the concern, we can't even win home games
You had golden opportunities to win all those home games though. Your next 2 home games will most likely be cakewalks. Winning at Dallas, New England, and Buffalo would show great team character

That's probably the Dolphins' greatest weakness, not being able to take advantage of opportunities and blowing em. (Mare, Fiedler, etc..)

How about "all of the above" as a poll option?

I think your biased poll left off the best option. "Finding a good #3 QB then promoting Sage to #2, before cutting BG. This alone would cut out 4 or so turnover a game, as well as gving the offense the "HEART" everyone has been talking about.

Originally posted by Regan21286
I'm pretty sure the starting O-line practices with the practice squad while D-line practices with the backup/practice squads, otherwise the purpose of a practice squad is moot.

The practice squad consists of only 5 players. When they do 11-on-11's, I'm sure the starters practice against one another.

Back
Top Bottom