What the Dolphins should do to beat the Giants | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the Dolphins should do to beat the Giants

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Reaction score
I think that if the Fins keep up the defensive effort, the Giants will be easy to beat.

The D needs to stop Kerry Collins and put the same pressure on him as the Fins did to Bledsoe. Cover the Giants WRs like in Buffalo, and things will go smoothly. Shockey is another thing, remember Tony Gonzalez last year, well he's the same which means Greenwood or Seau has to keep an eye on him. Since Barber is a speed back, Thomas will be able to take him out.

The offense still needs to give the ball to ricky, 2 wins when ricky runs 100+ and 1 loss when he doesn't sends a message. Plus, Chambers needs to get the ball more as does Thompson and McMichael. And tell Fiedler to stop throwing stupid interceptions. Griese may be available for the Giants game....

Btw...Why compare the Shockey to Gonzolez thing? Who says we have trouble with good TE's? Gonzolez, yes, but look what we did to Todd Heap, who is better IMO then Shockey.

What the Dolphins need to do is, as you say, keep up the defensive pressure. Don't let up just because we're on the road.
AND we need to keep pounding Ricky. The only one who can consistently stop Ricky over a whole game is Dave Wannstedt. Keep giving him the ball.

sorry to burst your bubbles against ricky but dont count on him being very effective...he'll need 35 touches to reach 100 yards...
very few backs come into the meadowlands and have a good game, we always shut down top backs.... i remember when ricky was with the saints he never did much against us

i just checked some stats, ricky faced us in 2001 as a saint...
he had 16 rushes for 53 yds, a long of 16...
a funny thing is ron dayne had 19 carries for 111 yds and a long of 55

Originally posted by nygovafins

You actually want to compare Riccky2001 with Ricky2003?? :lol:

He's a whole different animal now...leaner, meaner, and faster.

good luck.

This is not smack nygovafins, but you are showing great ignorance with that statement. First off, your best run stopper is questionable. Even if he does play, he won't be 100%.

And like inFins said, you cannot compare Ricky of 2001 to the Ricky of today. It's like night and day.

Lastly, don't tell us about run defense. Our run defense is the best in the league, Tiki will be the one who is lucky to break 50 yards.

Ricky got 153 yards on the Bills, who have a better run defense (and overall defense for that matter) than the Giants.

sorry to burst your bubbles against ricky but dont count on him being very effective...he'll need 35 touches to reach 100 yards...
very few backs come into the meadowlands and have a good game, we always shut down top backs.... i remember when ricky was with the saints he never did much against us

The Jets remembered that too. Then he ran for over 150 yards on them. The Bills remembered how badly he did as a Saint against them too. Then he ran for over 200 yards on them.
It's pretty brainless to compare him as a Saint to him now.
You won't stop Ricky. Wanny might take the ball out of his hands, or the game might dictate we need to pass if we get behind, but if they keep feeding him the ball, he WILL get his yards on you.

Originally posted by RikWriter

The Jets remembered that too. Then he ran for over 150 yards on them. The Bills remembered how badly he did as a Saint against them too. Then he ran for over 200 yards on them.
It's pretty brainless to compare him as a Saint to him now.
You won't stop Ricky. Wanny might take the ball out of his hands, or the game might dictate we need to pass if we get behind, but if they keep feeding him the ball, he WILL get his yards on you.

2nd best run D RikWriter, but I agree on everything else. Go Phins...:lol:

Three words for you!
AS A SAINT
look at his numbers last year (as a Dolphin), and by the way Jets or Giants its the same field we just dropped the Jets on!
Nuf Said!
Go Dolphins!

This guy thinks Rickys gonna perform against them the same way he did as a Saint? Ooooo...this guys in for a nasty shock tomorrow :roflmao:

Plus, I think Buffalo had a tougher run defense this year with Sam Adams and they couldn't hold Ricky, what would the NFL's worst defense do?

Back
Top Bottom