What the heck is with the Jets Deals | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the heck is with the Jets Deals

dgb11112

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Ok, I know I posted the other evening about have the faith and I still do in Parcells and Company. I am however curious as to what is the amount of money the Jets have? They seem to be more active in some respects to Miami.

They are targeting

RT Shane Olivea
LT/G Maurice Williams
SS Eugene Wilson
LB/DE Calvin Pace
G Damine Woody

CB Randall Gay (Looks Like he stays in NE)

I thought we had the most amount of cap space available? Just Curious

We have cap space but we are not being agressive with the big names..we are signing backups and up and comers so we have a lot of money for the draft picks.

yeah so how do they afford pace with all of those visits some of them are bound to sign

Ok, I know I posted the other evening about have the faith and I still do in Parcells and Company. I am however curious as to what is the amount of money the Jets have? They seem to be more active in some respects to Miami.

They are targeting

RT Shane Olivea
LT/G Maurice Williams
SS Eugene Wilson
LB/DE Calvin Pace
G Damine Woody

CB Randall Gay (Looks Like he stays in NE)

I thought we had the most amount of cap space available? Just Curious

honestly, i wouldnt be shocked if they took a stab at Randy Moss too.

They are trying to sign all the big names as you can see and they don't care how much it costs them..they will probably trade some players to make cap space.

They already traded their ONLY Chip in the Game Vilma. They really have no one on their team worth looking at that they would part with.

They are doing like the Miami Management Team of old, mortgaging their future, whereas Parcells and Company are not playing this game, he is building from within taking the mid-grade player and paying what they are worth, not overpricing or bankrupting for next year. This sends a clear message to our foes in the division, management is where it is at, just look at New England and the New York football Giants. The days of hoping and wishing upon a start (giving away draft picks, failing to assess and pay player talent properly, and getting overpriced talent are over).

They are doing like the Miami Management Team of old, mortgaging their future, whereas Parcells and Company are not playing this game, he is building from within taking the mid-grade player and paying what they are worth, not overpricing or bankrupting for next year. This sends a clear message to our foes in the division, management is where it is at, just look at New England and the New York football Giants. The days of hoping and wishing upon a start (giving away draft picks, failing to assess and pay player talent properly, and getting overpriced talent are over).

To be honest, I worry about this fact more than any other in Pace's decision making. The Jets appear to be using a "win now" strategy, which the Dolphins obviously can't even come close to claiming. I really hope Pace likes warmer weather!

I think they (Jets FO) are making Big Mistakes in Free Agency. They are definately not just a player or 2 away, but are spending like they are. Trading a 3rd and a 5th for Jenkins and then giving him such a big contract, 20 million guaranteed. Faneca was the highest rated OL to hit free agency, 21 million guaranteed. Possibly Pace with close to 20 million guaranteed. It seems to me they are setting themselves up for cap problems down the road, and trading away draft picks as well.

honestly, i wouldnt be shocked if they took a stab at Randy Moss too.

PFT reported a couple days ago that they might take a look at Moss. I dont understand how they could do that if they sign Pace now to along with the Faneca deal.

first off this year 3 for mangenius another lossing season might become his last no matter what.

The Jets may have overpaid for Jenkins and Faneca....but who cares?

We got two all-pro caliber players at our two biggest positions of need. The Jets sat back in free agency the past two years. The biggest names we signed in that span were Kimo Von Oelhoffen and Kenyon Coleman. We saw that the value was there this year, had the big money to spend, and now we're spending it. I'm not worried about us getting into cap hell. Tannenbaum is regarded as a cap wizard.

In a day where guys like Dockery and Davis get huge deals, why not Faneca who has the much more established resume?

The left side of the Jets O-line now has the potential to be dominant. A combo of Brick, Faneca, and Mangold is nothing to scoff at.

Not to mention Kris Jenkins is the 6'4 350 mauler at NT that we've desperately been searching for.

Back
Top Bottom