What the hell is this crap about???(Future of Chester and Bowens) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the hell is this crap about???(Future of Chester and Bowens)

DolphinDevil28

I like boobs.
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
In talking about the Dolphins' defense, Saban said there is a possibility that defensive tackles Larry Chester (recovering from knee surgery) and Tim Bowens (chronic back trouble) may not return.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/05/20/a1c_dolphins_0520.html

What is that? Didn't we just hear all about how Larry Chester is feeling good, rehabbing, and is definitely going to play?

We knew about Tim Bowens. But I'm really confused about Chester now.

supposedly neither practiced in any of the minicamps yet and Saban is, naturally, concerned with their injuries from last year and how it will affect them again this year.

jbond said:
supposedly neither practiced in any of the minicamps yet and Saban is, naturally, concerned with their injuries from last year and how it will affect them again this year.

Yeah, I know that. But we were just spoonfed this story about how well Chester's rehab is going, and that he'll definitely play this year.

Now this?

Tim Bowens AND Larry Chester not returning = :p4e:

ALSO...

"Both have not participated in any (mini-camps) because of injury and that is of some concern as to when those two guys will be able to come back and if they'll be able to come back," Saban said. "I think both those situations are a little bit up in the air right now."
I think maybe he's just being realistic and keeping his options open because there really is no guarentee that they'll return coming off the injuries that they are. I'm really surprised about Chester though, hope that isn't the case. TimBo... really no big surprise though.
The Dolphins have shown interest in former New England defensive tackle Keith Traylor. But Saban said any hopes to sign former Patriots cornerback Ty Law are "fantasy football," because Miami can't afford him.
Just wanted to throw that in... Figure I'd kick the Ty Law threads while they are down. :cooldude:

And also Keith Traylor... BRING HIM IN :fatman:

ya, they talked about it on KFFL too... what the hell is takin so long wit Traylor? we gotta get that guy!

link...
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/

Nasty

Dolphins | Concerned About Chester - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 19 May 2005 22:50:24 -0700

The Palm Beach Post reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban said he is concerned about the status of DT Larry Chester (knee). Chester is still recovering from knee surgery. Saban said Chester is unable to participate in the team's minicamps. He added there is some concern if Chester can return to the field at all and that if he does return, how well can he play? He said Chester's situation is "up in the air right now."

FinNasty23 said:
ya, they talked about it on KFFL too... what the hell is takin so long wit Traylor? we gotta get that guy!

link...
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/

Nasty

They are trying to pull him away from Ponderosa. :roflmao: I just cracked myself up. We will sign him I am sure. I hold my breath with the DT's. I don't want to see people running on us this year up the middle...

painnotpleasure said:
Tim Bowens AND Larry Chester not returning = :p4e:

ALSO...

I think maybe he's just being realistic and keeping his options open because there really is no guarentee that they'll return coming off the injuries that they are. I'm really surprised about Chester though, hope that isn't the case. TimBo... really no big surprise though. Just wanted to throw that in... Figure I'd kick the Ty Law threads while they are down. :cooldude:

And also Keith Traylor... BRING HIM IN :fatman:

You're absolutely right about Bowens and Chester!! They can no longer play with what they use to have. It's a no brainer!!:p4e:

Traylor is definately needed now more than ever, but he is not the long term solution for this position. We are gonna hit this area hard at next years draft I can assure you. I just hope they are some decent DT left when we choose at last place. hee hee

Back
Top Bottom