What to do with our 1st Round pick? Trade it or use it? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What to do with our 1st Round pick? Trade it or use it?

If it's a decent draft...yes, trade it for more picks and get a stable of above average players. Stop swinging for the fence on every pick.

Starts with who's available, as others have said. There are players who could be too good to pass up at #21. What if Bowers somehow fell, as an example? I don't see that, but you never know what could happen.

That said, it probably makes the most sense to at least trade down once. Maybe Grier could recoup a 3rd and 4th and pick near the top of the 2nd or bottom of the 1st.

The Dolphins badly need young, cheap, talent.

Lose it to tampering. In all seriousness though they need to use that pick and try to get a day 1 starter. This team doesn't have time to trade down and get more picks for a bunch of players that are going to be inactive every week.

This kind of trade seem more realistic than a trade up.

We need to trade down. We can’t afford to lose more picks. This roster is destined to crumble with our lack of a young core on rookie contracts. Waddle, Phillips and Holland can all be extended this year. Not that we will with two 5th year options. But our 2022 and 2023 draft classes have almost no impact on our team. Sure, Achane is good and Cam Smith is young, but that is 2 guys who could contribute meaningful snaps in 2 seasons.

If someone of significant value falls to us, use it. If not, we need more pics to solidify our future in both youthful talent and cost. I think Grier has mortgaged the future a little bit too much lately trying to take a shot we weren't quite ready for. We need to start laying a better foundation and stop over paying for high priced FA's, especially on the OL.

I mean we are kind of back to where we were a couple of years ago when we paid Williams and Armstead a boatload to come here. Now we still owe Armstead a lot, who can't stay on the field...and Williams is due to get paid and is injured himself. Our OL draft pics who were at least decent are up for FA as well. Grier has been a MASSIVE failure with the OL.

I prefer we trade it for 3 to 5 second or third round picks. Then use those picks to grab Oline guys.

You?

To state the obvious, it depends on who's available. Every NFL fan knows there are 1-2 players who unexpectedly fall in R1. EVERY year. If that happens to be a TE or OL, I'm not trading down. If the guy(s) who falls isn't a position of need, yeah, trade down. No far, but trade.

Well we pick at 21 right? I see Oline again here.

We could trade it and X to the Raiders for Crosby. Coach has a man crush on big Maxx. Vegas seems like a good fit for X as well. 😂
You understand the other team has to agree to the trade, right?

They're not trading a pass rushers in his prime for a CB with only a couple years left

When Green Bay had Favre they still drafted Rodgers and it provided that team with top notch QB play for a long time. I think we should do the same thing here. We love Tua's up side and great accuracy but his game in the clutch comes apart much too often. Therefore draft the best QB on the board that you can make happen. Make it an open competition in camp which Tua will win unless the guy we draft is freaking amazing. Groom the guy and see where it goes. Maybe we could find a great QB for the future. Remember Tua's injury history. It would be very smart to start drafting QBs every year until we're winning Super Bowls.
It's very hard to do what I just suggested because at 21 there will be a stud LT or LBer that we must have. People will say we need the help now forget QB. I don't think we should forget QB. Of course, it totally depends what QB drops to 21.

Back
Top Bottom