What was Caron Butler thinking?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What was Caron Butler thinking??

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Butler was ejected for appearing to take a swing at Dan Dickau with 3½ minutes left after Dickau tripped Butler. The trip didn't appear to be intentional.

Butler denied trying to punch Dickau and said he didn't believe he'd receive a suspension. If he does, it'll be for Saturday's game.

"It was just a natural reaction to pull him off my leg," Butler said. "That was it. I've known Dan for a while, he's a cool dude."

Dickau said he didn't know why Butler got ejected.

"It was no big deal," Dickau said. "I kind of got into a crease and didn't make the right decision and we kind of got tangled up. I think my arm must have gotten wrapped around his leg a little bit and he must have thought that I was trying to do something a little more than what I did, obviously. It's too bad he got ejected. I mean, it wasn't anything intentional."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=241222013

It sure looked like he punched him pretty hard in the gut on TV, though it didn't look like it even hurt Dickau.

It's a shame because I was looking forward to watching Caron & Lamar on Christmas. I hope he doesn't get suspended. It's funny, cause Caron never acted in such a way when he was with the Heat. I remember when he went up for a loose ball & Artest knocked him to the floor, and he didn't really react to it. Actually, he smiled.

Maybe some of Kobe's selfishness is rubbing off on him, or maybe he flat out doesn't care. Caron's on a team now where he HAS to be a distant 2nd or 3rd guy every night, because the top player on their team...takes the "team" out of team. Shoot, if I had to play with Kobe, my overall personality on the court would change as well.

X-Con said:
It's a shame because I was looking forward to watching Caron & Lamar on Christmas. I hope he doesn't get suspended. It's funny, cause Caron never acted in such a way when he was with the Heat. I remember when he went up for a loose ball & Artest knocked him to the floor, and he didn't really react to it. Actually, he smiled.

Maybe some of Kobe's selfishness is rubbing off on him, or maybe he flat out doesn't care. Caron's on a team now where he HAS to be a distant 2nd or 3rd guy every night, because the top player on their team...takes the "team" out of team. Shoot, if I had to play with Kobe, my overall personality on the court would change as well.

Bryant is fifth in the league in assists. I hardly think he is taking his teammates out of the game. Kobe takes a lot of shots but he is supposed too. He is the number one option and rightfully so. He has been there his whole career and has proven that he can play. Butler has done well in his role. He has led the team in scoring a few times and played decent ball. It is a shame he will miss Saturday's game. I would think Stern and the NBA would have held of fon the decision until after the Christmas game but oh well. If Shaq or Kobe had done that, you know a suspension wouldn't have been in effect for today's game.

If Butler would of appealed, I'm pretty sure he would of been able to delay his suspension a game or two!

Back
Top Bottom