What we have over the Broncos | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What we have over the Broncos

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
Even though I am not a believer like some that he is a good I support what his pickup. Here is a little comparison of what our offense can offer him that the Broncos could not.

TE- About equal as Sharpe declines and McMicheal improves
WR- They win here no doubt
OL(pass protection)- We win, Bronco line is crap when it comes to pass protectin while we are slightly above the NFL average(Fiedler's ability to get it out of there was the main reason we did not have that many sacks)
FB- We win easy
RB- I would give a slight edge to Ricky over Portis

WR factor is equal to our O-Line. We have a little better weapons for Griese, but the fact is Griese had a 66.3% completion rate. He had that with a ****ty pass blocking line. If he cuts down just a little on some interceptions he will thrive here.

The only problem for me is his name. Will cause toomuch from the fans screaming for Griese.

Originally posted by Jaj
RB- I would give a slight edge to Ricky over Portis

Nothing against you Jaj, but how can you say this?

Am I the only person that considers Ricky Williams the best running back in the league by far?

The man did all he did last year with a pathetic passing attack.
The fact is that teams knew the Dolphins were going to run against them, and they still couldn't stop him. If the Dolphins had a better passing attack, Ricky would of had better numbers.

That's not even including the fact that our defense choked last year.

I'm not being biased at all. I'm saying this as a journailst if you will, not a Dolphins fan.

Ricky Williams is the best running back in the NFL.

Some people also forget that he played through the whole season with a shoulder injury since week 3.

I'm just waiting for a Bills fan to come here and tell me that Willis McGahee is the best running back in the league :lol:

I'm just waiting for a Bills fan to come here and tell me that Willis McGahee is the best running back in the league

I doubt you will here that yet, but they are saying that if the Saints can get 2 1st round picks for Ricky, then they can get at LEAST that for Travis. What a joke. :rolleyes:

Well its just that Clinton Portis is very good...

I mean he did awefully well this year and he didn't even end up starting until like game 4 or something ridiculous like that.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Well its just that Clinton Portis is very good...

I mean he did awefully well this year and he didn't even end up starting until like game 4 or something ridiculous like that.

I'm not saying Portis is bad. The guy did an amzing job last year. I just don't think he should be compared to Ricky.

Yet......

Re: Re: What we have over the Broncos

Originally posted by Migs182005

Am I the only person that considers Ricky Williams the best running back in the league by far?

I'm not being biased at all. I'm saying this as a journailst if you will, not a Dolphins fan.

Ricky Williams is the best running back in the NFL.

I'm with you on this Mike Wallace! Ricky is the best RB in the NFL.

I think Portis is good. I think Ricky is great. He is the best RB in the league.

I don't agree that their wide receivers are so good. Mcaffery is old, slow and hurt. He is nowhere near the player he use to be. So that leaves Rod Smith who is very good. But he is hurt too. I think their WRs are part of the problem Griese had.

I think that positon is pretty even.

Top 5 RB's:

1) Ricky Williams ~ Even at the end of the season he is putting up HUGE numbers.

2) Mashall Faulk ~ Catch & Run....injury....2 years ago hands down the best...but age catches up to everyone..

3) E. James ~ Catch & Run...injury...without the injury he would have lead the NFL again. But I think that he will come back strong this year.

4) P. Holmes ~ Catch & Run...injury..I do not think that he will be back. But if he can make it back...Top 5 ALL THE WAY..

5) LT ~ wow just wait till this season. He has all the tools and now he has D. Boston...

Portis did not play a full season. The Denver line is far above any other team in the league. Every year they have some new talent. Davis....Gary....Anderson....Portis....

So the jury is still out on Portis...He has great speed and moves. But can he start a season as the #1 and then finish as the #1....?????

Ya defenses cannot be compared, simply becuase our pass defense is quite a bit better.

Still the thread is on Griese's tools here. McAffrey still got 933 this season and they have Lelie too.

Lelie is a great deep threat, Griese's arm couldnt make him a featured player. Broncs db are junk, their line is bigger for runstopping but the Dolphins pass rush is by far better. Their O line is trying a desperate upgrade, I dont see it working.
Both teams use the te in pass game, is only spot I see Griese helping with, and he is decent at clock management, but you will see, you only guard half the field he can only throw to short side with his weak arm , you can guard him inside -out wide and outside -in short, same way Bucs guarded Gannon in superbowl and we guarded Griese,Brees,Brady, and TrINT Green.
So many qb with similar arm and abilities in AFC, Dolphins adding another who is about same level may help, at his best Brian is a low INT ball control qb, at his worst he fades under pressure and cant make deep pass.
The turning point for him was a game SHannarat kept him in playing hurt vs Raiders 2 seasons ago after Darrel Russel planted him on a hit, he won the game but never retruned to form, we also had 74 yard Rice TD called back in the 4th or he would have lost.
Win a battle to lose a war, way to go shannarat. Since that game Griese has never returned to form, was hurt and didn't gel with teammates from leadership perspective.
He can still provide vet leadership from a point of managaing the game. He isnt all that, and healthy Fiedler is just as good.
If the run game get better (which I think it will) from the O line bulk-up, all you may need is consistent efficient qb to keep drives going, Griese can do that, but dont ask for more than that.
He is a complimentary player. Then again a change of scenery may revitalize this guy, he could come into a team that already has leaders and can then not carry a mantle of expectations.

Is everybody forgetting the #1 asset Griese will have here? A supporting cast, not a freaking coach, throwing him to the lions. Come on now. On top of that, he has Norv, which Griese will excel in his system. Norv is the best at getting the most of his players.

BTW - Shanahan is a D!CK!!!

Originally posted by MarinoFan
Is everybody forgetting the #1 asset Griese will have here? A supporting cast, not a freaking coach, throwing him to the lions. Come on now. On top of that, he has Norv, which Griese will excel in his system. Norv is the best at getting the most of his players.

BTW - Shanahan is a D!CK!!!

Well is not even known if he will remain with the Fins after one year because he said wants 1 year deal to test market next season.

Yeah, he tests the market next year, but if he comes, I bet he won't mind staying when we hand Jay his walking papers, and offer him a nice bonus.

Back
Top Bottom