What we mean when we say we're "soft" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What we mean when we say we're "soft"

Count 1: Miami Dolphins fraudulently posing as a super bowl contender.

Suspects are on the loose. According to sources they may not be held accountable.

Massive coverup underway.

Lets hear any other inictments against the dolphins organization employees representative etc. if you have any lets hear them.

I merged this with an existing thread as it was saying the same thing

Carry on

pillsbury dough boy GIF

Dick Vermeil, Tony Dungy, Pete Carroll, et al., would like a word.

You don't win SBs because of personality.

I guess you should fire McD now.
Very distinct difference between McDaniel's personality and those of Vermeil, Dungy, and Carroll. None of those coaches is a goofball.

Carry

Carry on
If your going to bury someones thread 5 minutes after he posts it. The least you can do is list the thread that you merged it with.

They were ahead of Tennessee up until the last 4 minutes when they choked and there were no celebrations then. I'm old school like you regarding the celebration level after every TD or turnover, but I also recognize I'm an old fart and times change. And it's not like elaborate TD celebrations are all that new. Remember the Washington "Fun Bunch"? They won SBs and Joe Gibbs is still revered as a HC.

View attachment 159069
Of course there were no celebrations then -- they didn't score. And a subtle but distinct difference between jumping up and high-fiving each other and doing the comparatively elaborate celebrations the Dolphins did this year. They actually spent time rehearsing those celebrations -- a high-five among several players needs no rehearsal. When you're spending time rehearsing end zone celebrations, it says something subtle but quite significant about your team culture.

Last edited:
If your going to bury someones thread 5 minutes after he posts it. The least you can do is list the thread that you merged it with.

You are right. I forget to leave a redirect. My mistake guy

Still if you have something new to say with info to back it up start a new thread

If not just post in one already existing, Thanks

You are right. I forget to leave a redirect. My mistake guy

Still if you have something new to say with info to back it up start a new thread

If not just post in one already existing, Thanks
You still didnt tell me where you buried my thread.

I have been reading these forums since they started. And after all of these years decided i would start contributing and posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
You still didnt tell me where you buried my thread.

I have been reading these forums since they started. And after all of these years decided i would start contributing and posting.

Its very disrespectful to bury someones thread 5 minutes after they post cutting off all chance for discussion

Send me a PM if you like. We do not discuss moderation in an open thread

Let's move on please

Send me a PM if you like. We do not discuss moderation in an open thread

Let's move on please
Please tell me where you buried my thread so i can move on. Youkeep replying and acknowledging that you forgot to put a redirect on the thread but still have not told me where you buried it.

Somebody send a note note to McDaniel.. toughen up
He needs a drill sgt as a mouthpiece for him to say what he really thinks, instead of giving the players a juice box and a participation trophy!!
Get me Ray Lewis to scream and motivate these guys, hell, Ross got $ get Samuel L Jackson….MFer’

Please tell me where you buried my thread so i can move on. Youkeep replying and acknowledging that you forgot to put a redirect on the thread but still have not told me where you buried it.
I sent you a PM to explain

Of course there were no celebrations then -- they didn't score. And a subtle but distinct difference between jumping up and high-fiving each other and doing the comparatively elaborate celebrations the Dolphins did this year. They actually spent time rehearsing those celebrations -- a high-five among several players needs no rehearsal. When you're spending time rehearsing end zone celebrations, it says something subtle but quite significant about your team culture.
Ok boomer. Back then, there was a subtle, but distinct difference between a choreographed team high five and just spiking the ball. Prior to that, a subtle difference between spiking the ball and shaking your teammates' hands to celebrate. Times change.

Unless you are stating you think Coach Mac is taking actual practice time to devote to celebrations and it is not something players are doing on their own time.

Ok boomer. Back then, there was a subtle, but distinct difference between a choreographed team high five and just spiking the ball. Prior to that, a subtle difference between spiking the ball and shaking your teammates' hands to celebrate. Times change.

Unless you are stating you think Coach Mac is taking actual practice time to devote to celebrations and it is not something players are doing on their own time.
What does it matter who spearheaded it or when. That it was a reflection of the team culture and whether that kind of team culture can win in the NFL is what's important. Do you really think the 1980s Washington Redskins culture was fun and games? No. You're losing the forest for the trees.

What does it matter who spearheaded it or when. That it was a reflection of the team culture and whether that kind of team culture can win in the NFL is what's important. Do you really think the 1980s Washington Redskins culture was fun and games? No. You're losing the forest for the trees.
No I don't think the basis of the '80's Redskins was fun and games. That was my point. Joe Gibbs let them have their choreographed fun when they scored, which was considered taboo at the time, but they were serious when they needed to be.

It's a different day and age is all I'm saying. If and when the Dolphins are doing choreographed crap when they're behind by 21, I will agree with you wholeheartedly. Believe me, I have my doubts about McDaniel as well just from his physical stature. How many of these guys actually respect him when he looks like someone they would regularly stuff into a locker during high school?

However, I have to give him his props so far. He's got the Dolphins to the playoffs 2 years in a row for the first time in over 20 years and he did it with what most regard as a below average OL and a defense devastated by injuries 2 years in a row (particularly the secondary in 2022 and the edge guys in 2023).

Hey everyone was happy with the fast finesse game when it was working 9 -3

Tenn was a bad loss and we should have beaten buffalo at home

Back to the drawing board but you don't throw everything out you just make adjustments and carry on

Back
Top Bottom