What we (washington) think of the Skins. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What we (washington) think of the Skins.

LoXiN

Demoralizing Jet fans one at a time.
Reaction score
THEY SUCK!!

Many of the Football fans up here dont like the Redskins and are fans of either the Eagles or the Ravens. Ramsey is injured and has been the entire season. We have known that for a long time and infact Ramsey will most likely not last more than two or three years if they dont protect him (which they can not do.)

The easiest way to beat the redskins is by putting pressure on the QB and stopping the run. If the dolphins play any good this week they should be able to come away with an easy win.

All you other Dolphins fans in the Washington Area should come out to the Greene Turtle in laurel this week and show your colors.

Go Dolphins!

As much as I hate Wannstedt, if any team in the NFL truly has a coaching problem, it's the Redskins. The looks I see from Spurrier remind of coach Klein from the Waterboy. Maybe what they need is a Bobby Boucher - or some tacklin' fuel. ;)

yeah no redskins fans in washington sounds like south florida - no dolphins fans! everyone i knew in south florida when i used to live there was either a bills fan or a jets fan - all transplanted new yorkers. i find more dolphins fans around the country than i do in south florida - so i feel the redskins pain.

i agree with your ramsey comment though - the key to winning is to put pressure on that QB.... go adewale!

Pretty silly thread, guys.

DC has plenty of Skins fans. Trust me on this.

DC is also a transient town. You can trust me on this as well. I know. I've been here on and off for 33 years. So yes, there are a lot of transplants with other team allegiances living here. More than you might find, say, in Kansas City or Green Bay. But there are plenty of Skins fans too.

In fact, I hang around with quite a few of them at www.extremeskins.com . Come by and say hello.

More silliness:

The easiest way to beat the redskins is by putting pressure on the QB and stopping the run. If the dolphins play any good this week they should be able to come away with an easy win.

I dare say if any NFL team successfully puts pressure on the QB, stops the run, and "plays good," chances are pretty good they'll come away with an easy win. So technically, the statement is true. But it's not exactly the Rosetta Stone of X and O analysis regarding this particular game. :)

If Ramsey either can't go or is as limited as he was last week, the Dolphins will probably win fairly easily. Too many problems.

We're taking volunteers from the audience at this point for a healty running back.

Our 2nd year QB is playing with a broken foot that has his mobility level reduced to the point where by comparison Dan Marino was Fran Tarkenton.

Our backup QB is still trying to figure out where the local ABC Store is, much less where the 3rd WR is supposed to be when the safety comes up to challenge the TE, or which voluteer RB is supposed to pickup up the blitzing LB on 2nd and long.

Our defensive line took a blood oath in preseason not to rush the passer. And these guys, if nothing else, are true to their word.

I could go on ... but you're not listening any more anyway. Who IS this guy? you're thinking.

So one last thing: this is one you guys probably should win. Something along the order of 23-16, I'm thinking. I look for it to be close early on, but for our struggling offense to suffer too many 3 and outs and expose the defense once again. Our D has been opportunistic, but is not a 60-minute shut-down unit by any wild stretch. I look for them to wear down late again, and give up a killing drive or two that ultimately seals the deal.

The only thing I'd worry about, were I you, is having Ramsey come out hot early and hit a couple of the big ones he missed last week, where he had guys running deep and open but just flat missed them.

The offense may be helter-skelter, but there HAVE been people open all year. One of these days/weeks/months/years, the SKins will start hitting on enough of those again to slow the blitz and have a realistic shot of playing with anybody.

If that happens Sunday night, it could be interesting. If not ... well, it could be like this thread.

Silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many of the Football fans up here dont like the Redskins and are fans of either the Eagles or the Ravens.

You must not be from Washington at all buddy. I lived in Washington for two years and the fan base in Washington is incredible. The Redskins have an incredibly large and enthusiastic fan base. How else do you explain that the season ticket waiting list is projected at 20 years?

The Redskins may be going through an identity crisis, making many of their fans question what is going on ... but to say that most of the Washington area are not Redskins fans is one of the most assanine things I've ever heard.

Talking smack is great ... but man, have SOME semblence of accuracy in what you say.

I live in Foreskin country and I can say that 70 % of football fans root for Washington, 20% Dallas fans, and the remaining % goes mainly to Miami and Pittsburgh with a sprinkle every other team.
The fans bitch about their team with as much enthusiasm as we Phin fans. If the Washington residence didn't root for the Skins then they wouldn't have sold out every game for the past 30 years and have a waiting list in the 20,000 range.

The Redskins fan base does not suck. They have the biggest stadium in the NFL, and it's full more often than not....

As for the team, I don't think they suck either. They gave the 8-2 Panthers all they could handle last Sunday, and that's a team I wouldn't like facing anytime soon.....

This will not be a walk in the park by any means....

PHINZ RULE!!!! :fire:

They gave the 8-2 Panthers all they could handle last Sunday, and that's a team I wouldn't like facing anytime soon.....

True, and I think this Panthers team greatly resembles the Dolphins. Seems to be the same front office philosophy ...... just executed better.

There supposedly isn't a franchise in the NFL that is worth more than the deadkins. You gotta have a great fanbase to be anywhere at the top.

Might not be from Washington?

I live in Silver Spring. Born and Raised here.

Dont tell me where I live.
As for a huge Washington Fan base up here?
In comparrison to the amount of fans from other teams it is very small.

In other words there are more people up here rooting for someone other than the skins than for them.

P.S. Biggest stadium yes. Have you ever been to Fed Ex? ITS HORRIBLE!!!! There are 5,000 parkings spots for a stadium that seats more than 80,000. What that means is you need to fit up to 18 ppl in each car. This is pathetic http://www.redskins.com/parking.asp

There is no place to park other than the stadium lots to make matters worse. Its filled every sunday cause they are sold out for the next 30+ years (back when they were good people bought the tickets, now they give em away) not because they have fans who pay to see them.

Originally posted by justafan
There supposedly isn't a franchise in the NFL that is worth more than the deadkins. You gotta have a great fanbase to be anywhere at the top.

There isn't a sports franchise in the USA that is worth more than the Redskins. The Washington Redskins are the third most valuble sports franchise in the world behind Manchester United and Real Madrid.

I have been to FEDEX Stadium a few times and love it. It is a football built stadium with great views from every seat. I wish TSFKAJRS was built like FEDEX.

Originally posted by LoXiN
Might not be from Washington?

I live in Silver Spring. Born and Raised here.

Dont tell me where I live.
As for a huge Washington Fan base up here?
In comparrison to the amount of fans from other teams it is very small.

In other words there are more people up here rooting for someone other than the skins than for them.

P.S. Biggest stadium yes. Have you ever been to Fed Ex? ITS HORRIBLE!!!! There are 5,000 parkings spots for a stadium that seats more than 80,000. What that means is you need to fit up to 18 ppl in each car. This is pathetic http://www.redskins.com/parking.asp

There is no place to park other than the stadium lots to make matters worse. Its filled every sunday cause they are sold out for the next 30+ years (back when they were good people bought the tickets, now they give em away) not because they have fans who pay to see them.

The parking is only screwed up because it's just not all together. There are other lots, across 495 and such and they have shuttle service to and from. Everybody can't have front row e parking everywhere everytime.

Originally posted by LoXiN
...Biggest stadium yes. Have you ever been to Fed Ex? ITS HORRIBLE!!!! There are 5,000 parkings spots for a stadium that seats more than 80,000. What that means is you need to fit up to 18 ppl in each car. ..[/url]

Unfortunately, I have to confess that I have been to FedX Stadium (free tickets). However, at least I got to see JUNIOR play.

I was very impressed with the stadium. I had no problem parking and it's convienently located right off the beltway. Of course, some folks choose to park on the other side of the beltway so they can escape quicker. But, the diehard fans that get there early should have no trouble parking from my experience...it's just he slackers that arrive late. I do believe that they have a bus that shuttles late slackers from the far parking lots.

Those fans seem to be dedicated. Some of the wacko fans are cross-dressing pigs.

Back
Top Bottom