What would it take... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would it take...

Rebar71

OOPS - I did it again!
Reaction score
...to get the #1 overall from the Chargers?

Our top picks the next two years and a big player. Example

#1 - 2003
#1 - 2004
#2 - 2004
Sam Madison-type player at a need position.

In short, we have no chance whatsoever.

Muck, I'd gladly offer our 2003 1st rounder and San Diego might just be dumb enough to do it. Afterall, there owned by Greeks....:lol:

Wait

;)

We had no problem stealing SD's #1 Pick last year :chair:

But using it was another story :hitself:

i wonder if they would give it up again? what was that trade for vick dwight and swap of 1strounders and what else i cant remember. but regardless to me theres no one in this draft that would blow me away to give up 2 no1s for. if we did who do you think is worth that?

I wouldnt do it. We cant afford it in the least. We have a lot of cap work/restructuring to do before we could even think about it.

Originally posted by finfan54
I wouldnt do it. We cant afford it in the least. We have a lot of cap work/restructuring to do before we could even think about it.

Hear hear. Kinda like giving away too much of the future. Never have liked trading future draft picks for a draft pick "now."

Well, then everybody ought to stop talking about going after Eli Manning - cuz that's what it's going to take.

Which brings up another question: Is it really trading away our future if you can nab a guy like Manning? I mean, if he's as good as everybody says, he would be our future.

We have IMO given up too much already (past drafts) and look what it has done.

There looks to be a decent amount of good qbs in this draft all other positions we should primarily pursue in the F/A market, because if we are playing for now then we can't wait for young in's

This years draft seems to mirro the Payton/Leaf situation. If the result is similar I would give my right arm for Eli. Having said that we dont know if it is a mirror situation. I would not trade the amount Muck seems to think it would take. However I would trade both #1s and a 3rd if we get a 1st and 3rd for wally. It would be the same as trading a 1st and wally for Eli and I WOULD take that!:eek:

you cannot trade into the #! overall pick unless you have a decent selection to trade with, i.e top 5 or 6 IMO. It is impossible

Originally posted by dreadlockera
This years draft seems to mirro the Payton/Leaf situation. If the result is similar I would give my right arm for Eli. Having said that we dont know if it is a mirror situation. I would not trade the amount Muck seems to think it would take. However I would trade both #1s and a 3rd if we get a 1st and 3rd for wally. It would be the same as trading a 1st and wally for Eli and I WOULD take that!:eek:

I hear what your saying Dred but it seems that almost every year we have a handicap in the the drafts with regards to picks (having Wanny doing the picking not withstanding) This year I think that Speilman is going to show us why he was hired as the GM.

Yet I did read in an article recently that drafting a qb is the hardest to draft. You get the Forrest Gump senario "You never know who your gonna get"

A Ryan Leaf pick would wound this Organization being that we didn't draft well last year.

Eli Manning is a pipe dream unless we get creative and if we do that the arm & leg may be the cheap way out!

Originally posted by Rebar71
...to get the #1 overall from the Chargers?

Not as much as people think after their Ryan Leif disaster. They also traded the Vick pick and love having got Tomlinson and Bree's in that deal.

If we offered our #1, and a Defensive stud (O-GUN?) and maybe a pick next year (2nd-3rd rounder) we could get the pick.

Back
Top Bottom